• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD HD?

BurnerHEAD

hi!

Just wondering when we can expect Blu-Ray support for CloneDVD. No need for HD-DVD anymore.

I would like to see conversation from "BD-DL" to "BD-SL"
and "BD-SL or BD-DL" to "DVD9"!

Thanks so far.

Regards,
BurnerHEAD

No announcement has been made that Blu-ray support is even in development.

I would like to see conversation from..."BD-SL or BD-DL" to "DVD9"!
i though it'd be easier just to buy the standard dvd version.

what you're asking is nearly like the equivalent of copying dvd to vhs.

i'm sure a program (as simple to use as clonedvd2) is under development though right now :agree:

not so, i believe BR is like HD-DVD where you can put the same HD file structure on a DVD9 and keep all quality. So a CloneHD with the ability to not really convert but to just split the movie to several discs would be nice.

also as others have mentioned being able to downconvert....yes downconvert it to a normal dvd is not a bad idea. how many people have either a BR or HD player in every room? do they make entertainment systems for vehicles that are equipped with HD players? so while you defeat the purpose of HD it would be nice to have a SD backup for other rooms without HD, road trips, or to not have to buy another copy of the same movie.

Any other method available?

I would love to down convert my Blu-Ray to regular DVD for the same reasons. I could buy the movie on Blu-Ray and then back it up and use it in my portable and other DVD players. It's a pain to have to buy two copies of the same movie. I would have no problem with the loss of quality of a Blu-Ray backup. I would think a down converted Blu-ray would look at leat as good as a regular DVD.

Not me when there is such program aka Clone HD or such I rather see it compress BL BD's to SL BD's and that's it only.

The engine of AnyDVD Ripper and CloneDVD is the same, isn't it?!
So how is it possible that AnyDVD Ripper is able to handle BD and HD and CloneDVD is not :confused:

I would love to down convert my Blu-Ray to regular DVD for the same reasons. I could buy the movie on Blu-Ray and then back it up and use it in my portable and other DVD players. It's a pain to have to buy two copies of the same movie. I would have no problem with the loss of quality of a Blu-Ray backup. I would think a down converted Blu-ray would look at leat as good as a regular DVD.

I don't know how much of a difference it would make downcoverting, but it does beat buying a DVD as well.

This can already be done with ConvertXtoDVD from VSO Software (for details search for it in AnyDvd HD forum).

Back