• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't download latest version

oziwombat

Hi Guy's
I have posted this before & you were able to help me thru this problem. When I try to update my Any DVD , it will only give me the version I already have . I cleared my browser cache , which worked last time but for some reason it wont work this time . Any ideas what could be causing my problem ?:bang::bang:
Cheers Ozi

Hi Guy's
I have posted this before & you were able to help me thru this problem. When I try to update my Any DVD , it will only give me the version I already have . I cleared my browser cache , which worked last time but for some reason it wont work this time . Any ideas what could be causing my problem ?:bang::bang:
Cheers Ozi

You need to run the file you downloaded, and then click "yes" to continue.

right -click on the link of the download and choose save target as. then browse to your desktop (or anywhere). once the download is done, go to your desktop and double-click that file.

Last edited:
Sorry guys
I must not have been clear on my problem . I am not a new user of Any-DVD & have updated it many times ,but recently when I try to update there seems to be something in my stupid PC stopping me from getting the latest one .. I have 6404 & when I click on 6412 the download box says it is 6404 exe & not 6412 .& none of your suggestions seem to relate to my problem. I have Kerio f/wall Spy-Bot search & destroy & AVG free AntiVirus . I uninstalled 6404 & saved my reg details & did a fresh d/load & it installed 6404
Cheers
Ozi

Last edited:
Hi oziwombat.

... I have 6404 & when I click on 6412 the download box says it is 6404 exe & not 6412 .& none of your suggestions seem to relate to my problem. ...
Ozi

The normal download link redirects to the most recent version. If you use an aggressivly caching proxy (might even be an transparent one), it might have cached the redirect.

Please use the following URL: http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6412.exe

Greetings,
Joe

1. Delete your browser's cache

In Firefox 2.x

1. From the main menu, select Tools-->Clear Private Data
2. Check "cache".
3. Click "Clear Private Data Now".

or

In Internet Explorer 7.x:

1. Select Internet Options from the Tools pull-down menu.
2. Click the General tab-->Go to the Browsing history section-->Click the "Delete" button
3. The Delete Browsing History dialog box will display--->In the Temporary Internet Files section, click the "Delete files" button.
4. You are asked, "Are you sure you want to delete all temporary Internet Explorer files?"
5. Click the "Yes" button.

2. Delete whatever file you are trying to run when you install Anydvd. That file obviously isn't what you want anyway.

3. Click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6412.exe, and run that file

Thanks Joe
That link worked fine:clap::bowdown:
The normal download link redirects to the most recent version. If you use an aggressivly caching proxy (might even be an transparent one), it might have cached the redirect. How do I fix this ? :confused:

And Webslinger
With FireFox when I click on clear private data now , it just go's out & I don't get the option to Check "cache". :bang:

& Internet Ex I tried that because you fixed my problem last time .
Many Thanks Ozi:

T
And Webslinger
With FireFox when I click on clear private data now , it just go's out & I don't get the option to Check "cache".

Works for me in Firefox 2.0.0.13 on three different computers. Cntrl+shift+del also brings up the same menu in firefox.

& Internet Ex I tried that because you fixed my problem last time .

Well, as Joe wrote, you might be using some poorly implemented cache proxy by your internet service provider. If that's true, the solution is to stop using that proxy or wait until its cache gets updated. Otherwise, check the forums, because I typically use the link format that Joe posted in the new Anydvd announcements.

Last edited:
Thanks

I get nothing in F/Fox when I use Control/Shift/Delete & as I have it on auto u/dates F/Fox fully up to date .. So is my ISP the problem ? & in future U/Dates I use the link in your first sticky . I will be changing IS-P's when contract is up in a few months as too expensive & too slow @512 thingies .
Many thanks
Ozi

I get nothing in F/Fox when I use Control/Shift/Delete & as I have it on auto u/dates F/Fox fully up to date .. So is my ISP the problem ? & in future U/Dates I use the link in your first sticky . I will be changing IS-P's when contract is up in a few months as too expensive & too slow @512 thingies .
Many thanks
Ozi

Wow, that's really weird concerning your issue with Firefox. I don't know what would be causing that.

With respect to your ISP, I would contact them first and ask if you are using a cached proxy and whether you are forced to use a cached proxy. If you're forced to use one, then I would switch.

Wow, that's really weird concerning your issue with Firefox. I don't know what would be causing that.

With respect to your ISP, I would contact them first and ask if you are using a cached proxy and whether you are forced to use a cached proxy. If you're forced to use one, then I would switch.

Thanks for your help Webslinger. I will delete F/Fox & reinstall & see if that helps .. And with my ISP they just upped their price by $5.00 per mth & being soooo slow @ only 512 I can get ADSL2 for old price & 6 gig d/l which is more than enough for me .
Thanks again
Ozi

Hi guys
This is what my ISP said ."Yes - this ISP is using a transparent caching proxy.

This should not cause any issues with downloading files or viewing sites if the site is built to the correct standards. Examples where there will be issues include sites releasing new versions of files with the same filename, ie they don't increment the filename with the version number."

But I will use this Forum's link for future updates & Thanks again guy's .
Cheers Ozi

Many thanks
Ozi

Webslinger one last question,could this cache proxy thing have anything to do with the above problem ? & Yes my ISP contract is up in two months & I will be changing ASAP .
Cheers Ozi

Webslinger one last question,could this cache proxy thing have anything to do with the above problem ?

Yes, absolutely. That is the reason why you are having problems downloading updates.

Last edited:
Thanks again , & I thought all these problems were in my PC .
Over & out
Cheers Ozi

Back