• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Warning: input video or audio data was partially corrupted

FishStyx

I was ripping a new release movie "In Enemy Hands" to the HDD using CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD. At the completion of the extract I received the following warning. The log also stated: Ignored two invalid input blocks.

"Warning: input video or audio data was partially corrupted.

CloneDVD2 was able to handle these errors but the resulting material may also be corrupted. This problem could be caused by mastering errorsor by other copying tools used to preprocess the material. If the problem persists, please contact Elaborate Bytes support at bugs@elby.ch."

I am using the current versions of both AnyDVD v6.4.1.2 and CloneDVD2 v2.9.1.7. My burners firmware is up-to-date as well.

Any suggestions on what to do or just wait to see if it continues with other DVDs?

Thanks,

Please post the AnyDVD log for In Enemy Hands:

1. Ensure AnyDVD is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie DVD in your burner. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile".
  5. Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
  7. Go to your "My Documents" folder.
  8. You will see a ZIP file called "AnyDVD_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
  9. When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
  10. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  11. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
  12. Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
  13. Click "upload".
  14. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

Last edited:
Log for In Enemy Hands attached.

Thanks,

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_IN_ENEMY_HANDS.zip
    60.6 KB · Views: 2
Log for In Enemy Hands attached.

Thanks,

As for the logs I'm really not seeing anything that stands out other than your having two filters installed that could be problematic. This disc appears to have no real protection.

Could you try ripping the disc to your HDD with the AnyDVD ripper and see if you get an error? If you do then please post the exact error message.

I would suggest removing the filters and see if it makes any difference.

Cdralw2k (system32\drivers\Cdralw2k.sys), Version: 8.0.0.212 (8.0.0.212)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: Drag-to-Disc
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2005 Sonic Solutions
Description: CDRAL Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)
FileVersion: 8.0.0.212
ProductVersion: 8.0.0.212

Cdr4_xp (system32\drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys), Version: 8.0.0.212 (8.0.0.212)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: Drag-to-Disc
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2005 Sonic Solutions
Description: CDR4 CD and DVD Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)
FileVersion: 8.0.0.212
ProductVersion: 8.0.0.212

There's are both associated with packet-writing software.

1. Create a backup of your registry
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
  3. Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order.
  4. Select "Cdralw2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
  5. Select "Cdr4_xp". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
  6. Reboot

Whatever program(s) installed those filters will no longer work properly.

Refer here (http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15536) for more information on those filters.

Well I've learned a lot more about filters than I had imagined. I researched the filters and drivers identified in the log file. I had some time ago installed Turtle Beach's Video Advantage USB and Plextor's ConvertX video converter applications. These had installed some Pinnacle software together with WinDVD Creator and WinDVD.

I uninstalled WinDVD and WinDVD Creater which were still on my system. The Turtle Beach software had been uninstalled quite some time ago. I removed Cdr4_xp, Cdralw2k, Pfc, and PxHelp20 via ImgBurn. I cleaned the registry, cleared the prefetch folder, defragged, and rebooted. I created another log file and it is completely clear of the old junk.

I ripped the DVD again using CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD and got the same results and warning initially reported. I then right-clicked the AnyDVD icon in the tray and selected "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk" this it completed without warning or error.

I'm beginning to think it's a combination of the DVD and your latest version of CloneDVD. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Well I've learned a lot more about filters than I had imagined. I researched the filters and drivers identified in the log file. I had some time ago installed Turtle Beach's Video Advantage USB and Plextor's ConvertX video converter applications. These had installed some Pinnacle software together with WinDVD Creator and WinDVD.

I uninstalled WinDVD and WinDVD Creater which were still on my system. The Turtle Beach software had been uninstalled quite some time ago. I removed Cdr4_xp, Cdralw2k, Pfc, and PxHelp20 via ImgBurn. I cleaned the registry, cleared the prefetch folder, defragged, and rebooted. I created another log file and it is completely clear of the old junk.

Pfc.sys
and PxHelp20.sys are two filters I tend to not worry about. I haven't seen them cause problems but it can't hurt now that they are gone.

I ripped the DVD again using CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD and got the same results and warning initially reported. I then right-clicked the AnyDVD icon in the tray and selected "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk" this it completed without warning or error.

Alright. This is good, interesting, and confusing.

Could you now please use CloneDVD to process the output from AnyDVD ripper and see if you get the same error as using CloneDVD when attempting to rip the disc directly from the DVD drive?

I'm beginning to think it's a combination of the DVD and your latest version of CloneDVD. Any suggestions?

It's possible there is something going on but since I don't have the disc I can't say anything for sure. Please do what I stated above and report back on the results. I know it can be a pain but this could help in trying to resolve the problem. :)

@DrinkLyeAndDie

Your request, "Could you now please use CloneDVD to process the output from AnyDVD ripper and see if you get the same error as using CloneDVD when attempting to rip the disc directly from the DVD drive?" is a little confusing to me.

Processing the output is not the issue; the warning message comes at the completion of the rip using CloneDVD. The rip does complete and produce results in the VIDEO_TS folder; it's just that it also gives the warning message at the end of the rip.

In my last post I stated that I performed a AnyDVD rip (by right-clicking the AnyDVD tray icon, yes?) which generated identical file results in a different VIDEO_TS folder, but did not produce a warning message.

Is this explanation clearer? So both rips complete and produce identical results, but the CloneDVD rip gives the warning message.

Thanks for your help,

Is this explanation clearer? So both rips complete and produce identical results, but the CloneDVD rip gives the warning message.

I just want the information from #2 onwards, so I have something to refer to, please. I don't think there's anything to be concerned about.

1. I doubt you have much to worry about if you can play the Clonedvd rip (select the ripped video_ts folder Clonedvd created as the source) in your dvd playback software.

2. For troubleshooting feedback purposes, since you have removed a bunch of filters on your system, please provide the .zip file again:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

3. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

4. To assist with troubleshooting, please use Clonedvd 2.9.1.7

5. Run Clonedvd. Select "Clone DVD" from the main menu to ensure that you're doing a full disc backup.

6. Then please post the Clonedvd log:

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 and follow the steps but note the differences below that I would prefer you do instead:

i)Select "dvd+/-r DL" near the quality bar in Clonedvd. This avoids compression (so, the process will be faster)

ii) Select "dvd files" as the output method--and rip to your hard drive. Clonedvd also rips slightly faster than Anydvd ripper.

sshot18bw1.png

(thanks to Zebadee for the screenshot)

iii) You should be able to copy and paste the log text with your mouse (click in the white area shown in the screenshot).

Try

[ code ]
log text
[ /code ]

Don't put spaces in the square brackets.

iv) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details")

@DrinkLyeAndDie

Your request, "Could you now please use CloneDVD to process the output from AnyDVD ripper and see if you get the same error as using CloneDVD when attempting to rip the disc directly from the DVD drive?" is a little confusing to me.

Processing the output is not the issue; the warning message comes at the completion of the rip using CloneDVD. The rip does complete and produce results in the VIDEO_TS folder; it's just that it also gives the warning message at the end of the rip.

In my last post I stated that I performed a AnyDVD rip (by right-clicking the AnyDVD tray icon, yes?) which generated identical file results in a different VIDEO_TS folder, but did not produce a warning message.

Thanks for your help,

I understood what you said. What I wanted to know was if you still received the warning message when processing the AnyDVD ripper output with CloneDVD as opposed to ripping directly from the DVD.

Anyway, if the output plays fine regardless of the warning message from CloneDVD then, as Webslinger said, I don't think it's something to worry about. If there is a playback problem then, obviously, it makes a difference.

Do as Webslinger posted.

Okay, attached is the log file after my clean-up. Also attached is a zip of two screen prints; the CloneDVD log and the warning message. Also, just for the heck of it, I attached the CloneCD log of the burn to a DVD-R disc using the AnyDVD rip. The disc plays fine.

I realize that if the output plays fine it's not a critical issue. I thought it would be nice to know why the warning message was given and what was causing it.

Thanks,

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_IN_ENEMY_HANDS_2.zip
    60.3 KB · Views: 2
  • InEnemyHands SP.zip
    62.7 KB · Views: 2
  • CloneCD_InEnemyHands.zip
    540 bytes · Views: 2
I thought it would be nice to know why the warning message was given and what was causing it.

I honestly have no clue, and I'm interested as well, especially since I've never seen that message before.

Okay, attached is the log file after my clean-up. Also attached is a zip of two screen prints; the CloneDVD log and the warning message. Also, just for the heck of it, I attached the CloneCD log of the burn to a DVD-R disc using the AnyDVD rip. The disc plays fine.

I realize that if the output plays fine it's not a critical issue. I thought it would be nice to know why the warning message was given and what was causing it.

CloneDVD scans every block of the disc for errors while copying. There are numerous types of errors that will trigger this exact message (details about the errors can be found in the CloneDVD log).
Mostly these are small inconsistencies in numbering, sizing, flags... in VOBU headers and the like.

These errors can be mastering errors or they were deliberately planted in the stream as a means of "protection" (I really have to put this one in quotes) in order to confuse copying software, while a player will (fingers crossed) ignore them.

So there should be nothing to worry about.

Thanks to Peer for taking the time to respond and thanks to DrinkLyeAndDie & Webslinger for your help in trying to resolve the issue with me.

It's good to know that even if the errors were deliberately planted that CloneDVD was able to produce a usable copy for me. :clap:

Thanks all,

Back