• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any problems after SP1?

thedatman

I have not installed vista SP 1. I read about some who had problems mostly driver issues after they installed. I thought Id see if anyone had any problems with Anydvd after the update.

none here, installed as soon as i saw it (and did a image backup :D )

and ive had no problems at all. actually its much better than vista non-sp1. copying files and such are incredibly improved. they actually seem faster than xp now.

Thanks I'll give it a try maybe it will fix the stupid little errors I get.

Be forewarned that I would personally back up your system before applying SP1. Several people I know had massive issues getting it installed and one had to do a system wipe and STILL couldn't get it installed. Some people, like myself, had no problems at all and I've installed it on 6 machines so far. YMMV.

Too late I already installed it. Lucky for me it looks like it when smooth. I read about people who for the most part had out of date drivers had a lot of problems.

At least one error seems to have been fixed. Pre sp 1 when I closed PDVD most of the time it would reverse my displays, it happened other times to. I would hit control-alt-del and then cancil ,that would fix it.

everything seems a little faster

maybe this will make vista better

I've been running it for over a month. Some things are better, others worse, and mostly just the same. Drivers are the real problem.

Be forewarned that I would personally back up your system before applying SP1. Several people I know had massive issues getting it installed and one had to do a system wipe and STILL couldn't get it installed. Some people, like myself, had no problems at all and I've installed it on 6 machines so far. YMMV.

after I activated my copy of vista someone suggested I call microsoft back and make an image of it. They lost me at, calling microsoft. Can I get a precertified backup image of mt c drive. Now would be a good time to do it.

I have no idea. I have an MSDN sub so I don't have a retail version of Vista. (The other machines in the house have Vista from Dell) Besides, on my laptop, I have an automated backup process that fully images my machine every night. :)

I just used a slave drive and imaged my OS after I fine tuned it. Then installed my apps I wanted.

I have a USB external drive connected and use True Image Home to create an OS recovery image (minus my data) and a separate data image that can be restored into any OS recovery image I have. (I have an XP and Vista image currently). The OS recovery images have the apps set up to use the data from my data backup without having to screw around with paths and stuff. Pretty sweet set up, actually.

I went back and reread the thread, I misunderstood the calling microsoft part. I will check out some of those backup programs you guys are using and create an image on a usb drive.

So if I reformat and use the backup image to bring my system back up will I need to call microsoft again and re-register all my software?

No, that's the point of having an image. It's a COMPLETE backup of your system, activation included. Everyone should be backing up their machines on a regular basis IMO.

Business edition and ultimate edition has the image backup program included and works well as that is what I use when I need a clean OS to beta test.

I had no problems w/SP1 but I have noticed no improvements. It's still Vista w/the same problems.

I have a USB external drive connected and use True Image Home to create an OS recovery image (minus my data) and a separate data image that can be restored into any OS recovery image I have. (I have an XP and Vista image currently). The OS recovery images have the apps set up to use the data from my data backup without having to screw around with paths and stuff. Pretty sweet set up, actually.

this program works fantastic. I tested it on my internet computer I needed a bigger HD I swapped my Cdrive in 30 mins it was back up perfect. So I bought it. I will set it up on my HTPC like you to backup every night or once a week.:bowdown:

this program works fantastic. I tested it on my internet computer I needed a bigger HD I swapped my Cdrive in 30 mins it was back up perfect. So I bought it. I will set it up on my HTPC like you to backup every night or once a week.:bowdown:

You won't be disappointed. Just remember to check every once in a while to make sure it's backing up. It's so easy to forget about it once you've set it up cause it generally just works and you never see it. However, I've had a couple times where it didn't run for various reasons and didn't know it. (None of those reasons were due to the program...completely my own fault so don't worry) But, just keep an eye on it once in a while and you'll have yourself a very reliable backup solution. Also, burn yourself a recovery disc before you need it. :) And put the ISO of the recovery disc AND the installer on the backup drive with your installation key. Little lessons I've learned over the years. :)

You won't be disappointed. Just remember to check every once in a while to make sure it's backing up. It's so easy to forget about it once you've set it up cause it generally just works and you never see it. However, I've had a couple times where it didn't run for various reasons and didn't know it. (None of those reasons were due to the program...completely my own fault so don't worry) But, just keep an eye on it once in a while and you'll have yourself a very reliable backup solution. Also, burn yourself a recovery disc before you need it. :) And put the ISO of the recovery disc AND the installer on the backup drive with your installation key. Little lessons I've learned over the years. :)

I will do all that. This looks like one of those programs that is worth every penny, unlike other programs we talk about here often!:D

Hi SamuriHL,

Few questions regarding this program and method.

1) Am I too late to start this? I have a lot of programs in this OS drive already. If not, how this program can go back to the image state?

2) Is your USB external drive always on, 24X7? If not, how will/can you remember to turn up when backing up?

3) Can you elaborate the data image part how you separate them and why?

Thanks!

1) As long as your system is in working order and in a state you're happy with, backing it up now is fine. Just keep it running well and up to date. It IS better if you have a clean image you can restore to in addition to the nightly full image but that should only be needed in very rare instances.

2) Yea, it WAS a Western Digital with power saving mode. It would shut itself down when it wasn't being used and power itself back on when needed. Unfortunately the case died, so, I had to put it in a new case that doesn't have power saving. So now I just leave it on.

3) I have most of my data in the Vista user profile directory. Pictures, Downloads, Documents, etc, etc. In the Documents folder I set up my profiles for email, trillian, etc. The sweet thing about this is that if I change OS' between XP and Vista, I can restore the data image on top of it and have all my latest data for email, chat, bookmarks, etc. Even if I had to do a clean install for whatever reason, I can still restore my data on top of that. Of course, if you only have one OS, this is rather pointless. You can restore select files and folders from any image so it's not a big deal.

Back