• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Japanese users need support BDAV on AnyDVD HD

BDZ-X90

It is encrypted with AACS by the "Copy Once" system though the digital
broadcasting of Japan is recorded in BD by the BDAV format. :(

It was possible to back up by BackupBDAV so far. :)

The recorder shipped recently comes to be encrypted with AACS V4 and
it is not possible to back up with BackupBDAV.

The reason for BackupBDAV is that AACS V4 is not supported. :(

When BDMV of AACS V4 is played, BDAV made since it plays comes to be
encrypted with AACS V4.

We want to cancel cannot the free backup of digital broadcasting.

We sincerely wish AnyDVD HD to support BDAV.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I wish,too.

In Japan,we couldn't dub a Blu-ray disc in which Blu-ray recorder recorded by BDAV format.
It is very very incomvenient:bang:.

If Slysoft sales "AnyDVD BDAV Option",I guess Japanese user will pay at least 5000yen:agree:.

I will pay 10000yen:rock:.

Special situations in Japan

Dear Slysoft top management team

I'm completely agree with Mr.BDZ-X90 and Ryo.
In Japan, circumstances of BD related hardware are quite different from US.
In US, most of BD hardware are BD-Players, but in Japan almost over 90% of BD hardware are BD-Recorders.

At first, you have to understand above situations and differences.

In Japan, we can get high quality HD movie contents through Broadcasting-Satellite very easily.
Rates of TS-signals are up to 24Mbps.
Besides, as you know, BD-ROM business are just beginning these days, so titles now available are very limited.
Especially, Japanese domestic titles or Animation movies are very very rare or limited.
Additionally, in Japan, ground-digital(traditional) broadcasting stations are broadcasting HD contents. Almost all new dramas or animes are broadcasted in HD format.
So, many people records dramas with BD-recorders. Since titles of BD-ROM are still limited, we have no idea when they start selling their drama contents through HD-formats.
So only way to get HD drama contents are recording on BD disks.

Anyway, with above reasons, in Japan, almost over 90% are BD-recorders.

You may know that AACS system are available in not only BD-players but also BD-recorders.
For BD-players, AACS for BDMV and for BD-recorders, AACS for BDAV.

Year ago, in the beginning, BD-recorders sold in Japan are almost equipped with AACS V1 or V3.
So we had a chance to rip with "backupBDAV" for V1 or V3.
But recently, Panasonic started selling new BD-recorders and that are armed with AACS V4.
So we are now losing ways to do ripping BDAV recorded contents.

We know that you slysoft-san are doing great job in ripping BDMV contents.
But we Japanese users eagerly want you to think about ripping BDAV contents for the above reason.
As I explained, BD-players are only under 10% shares in Japan. So if you stick on only BDMV ripping, you can get only 10% of your business in Japan.
If you handles BDAV ripping also, your business in Japan becomes 10 times from now!

So, please please consider about Japanese special circumstances, and how we feel inconvenient with recent situations.

We trust your technology and I think you can easily handle also BDAV ripping.
We hope you making good decisions in your business in Japan.

Sincerly

PoruPoru

Honestly slysoft doesn't support DVR recordings made here in the US BDAV is just Hi-Def DVR isn't it?

Honestly slysoft doesn't support DVR recordings made here

Not officially.

However, Clonedvd works fine for dvd-vr, provided Anydvd is not running.

And Anydvd works with dvd-vr provided the A.I. scanner is forced on (set to "enabled").

I would also like this feature...
I'm an ex-pat living in Tokyo and I just bought a panasonic DMR-BW700K blu-ray recorder, and I was hoping to use AnyDVD to unencrypt the discs to my computer, but Anydvd doesn't seem to work, probably because of what was said above...

I'm not sure how much extra work it would be to support this kind of discs, but if you code it, you've got another sale... Don't underestimate the market potential from the Japanese side too, if you write it. There's a VERY large demand for a solution to backing up high-def broadcast here, and the blu-ray recorder+ anydvd combo would be easy and powerful, if only it would work with the latest encryption.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 30
Dmr-bw800k

Here is my Log file from my Panasonic DMR-BW800K.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_M_DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
New version still not working. Thanks for the update though.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.4.1.2_Info_M_DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 10
Not to be rude but the product description says:

AnyDVD HD comes with same functionality as AnyDVD, but with additional features for full Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD support, including decryption of Blu-ray (BD+ and AACS) and HD DVD (AACS) movies.

I would take that to mean any blu-ray disc. Nowhere does it say BDMV or BDAV in the product description. BDAV is the simplest version of a Blu-ray. There is no menu it is just the recording. Same structure as many other commercial blu-ray discs I have. I would just like to see support for all blu-ray.

Thank You.

Last edited:
But aren't these BDAV discs ones recorded on your own settop recorder? and therefore are not full commercial Blu-ray discs. I've yet to see a commercial disc that uses the BDAV format

I guess the product description should say "full BDMV Blu-ray disc support"

Because without it saying BDMV or BDAV anywhere with the description "full Blu-ray disc support" it is misrepresenting the product. My purchase was partially made on this premise.

BDMV and BDAV blu-rays can both be considered "Blu-ray disks" They are both within the blu-ray specs.

Anyways, with the number of BLu-ray recorders flying off the shelfs over here you would think they would try to add this feature. Japan is virtually the only place where DVD recorders were a hit.

Thank you anyways, still like the product.

Well you could have found out if it did these home recorded BD-AV's by using the 15 day trial before purchasing it, and DVD recorders have been quite a hit across a lot of countries, not just Japan.

I don't suppose you could post up the folder/ file structure of one of these discs I was curious on the layout

I did use the trial but didn't own the recorder before purchasing it.

Here is the dirtree:

Code:
/---BDAV
|   |   info.bdav
|   |   
|   /---PLAYLIST
|   |       00001.rpls
|   |       
|   /---CLIPINF
|   |       00001.clpi
|   |       
|   /---STREAM
|           00001.m2ts
|           
/---AACS
    |   MKB_RW.inf
    |   
    /---AACS_av
            Unit_Key_RW.inf
            CPSUnit00001.cci

Real simple dir structure.

I suppose you tried the obvious one which would be to copy both folders to the harddrive, rename the BDAV to BDMV then make a new ISO with the renamed folder and AACS folder then mount it and see if AnyDVD HD then recognises it

Tried that but even making a Blu-ray (UDF) Image via Nero AnyDVD HD detects the disk type as a DVD-rom.

If I change the info.bdav to index.bdmv it detects the aacs but cant calculate the hash value.

Last edited:
Wow I cant believe recorders actually put aacs on the recordable discs.
It shouldnt be hard for anydvd to decrypt them, there is no bd+ and the same host cert can be used.

But aren't these BDAV discs ones recorded on your own settop recorder? and therefore are not full commercial Blu-ray discs. I've yet to see a commercial disc that uses the BDAV format
Yes that's my understanding too - why should AnyDVD help you to pirate a movie recorded from your recording unit that you do not legally own?

Back