• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with PowerDVD 3370a crashing on launch

gwolfman

Problems with PowerDVD 3730a crashing on launch

After I install the update, it asks for my key, which I enter, hit activate, it says ok, then it trys to load but crashes before the player shows up. I'm running Vista Ultimate 32-bit. Under the crash details provided by vista it says the following:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PowerDVD.exe
Application Version: 7.3.3723.0
Application Timestamp: 47971598
Fault Module Name: CLDShowX.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.1.3723.50
Fault Module Timestamp: 47972cf8
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000eebfd
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 702f
Additional Information 2: db729d540946a4ba8db2424401ce55cd
Additional Information 3: 0539
Additional Information 4: c530763f553f250d035c1c60162ecf16

Anyone else have this problem or know what I can try to get it to work? Thanks!

Edit: change the version to be correct.

Last edited:
You mean 3730a? Try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Yeah, thanks, fixed the version # in the post title

I uninstalled and reinstalled twice, still the same problem.

Last edited:
I doubt anyone here is going to be able to help with that one. Your best bet is to...I know, you aren't going to like this...contact Cyberlink support. DUM DUM DAAAAAAA. :D /scary music ;)

After months of crashing PDVD, only able to play BD from HD folder, ISO, disk, HD-DVD all crashed when I tried to play them from PDVD :bang: After weeks of back and forth with CL support, I finally decided to do a clean install from scratch and now I am a happy camper. I can play EVERYTHING, ISO, disk and folder without crashing from PDVD 3319a and/or 3370a. Try the suggestion from SamuriHL first and if they can help it will be great if not you might need to do a clean install in order to make everything to work. Best of luck!

And by "clean install", that crazy fool means reinstalling the operating system from scratch. :D It worked, so, that's not necessarily a bad way to go depending on what you can do for backing up your data and how many apps you'll need to reinstall. Last ditch effort, I'd give it a shot after backing everything up. But see if CL support can pull something out of a nether region for you. Anything's possible. They did actually manage to help me with a support issue in 3730 that I had where the audio on SD discs was out of sync. Their suggestion actually worked for me. It was the nastiest reinstall I've seen in a while and actually, come to think of it, might work for you. I'll see if I can do this from memory.

-Uninstall ALL versions of PowerDVD from your machine
-Delete any left over files/folder with Cyberlink or PowerDVD in the name on your hard drive.
-In the registry, both in HKEY_LM and HKEY_CU branches, delete any Cyberlink or PowerDVD entries you find
-Reboot
-Try reinstalling PowerDVD

If that doesn't work, I'd say you probably have a conflict somewhere and a fresh OS install wouldn't be a horrible idea. But if this doesn't work, I'd check with CL support first and see if they have any insight.

Good advice from SamuriHL as usual, but you could also just install the OS in another partition (multi-boot) and put PowerDvd in there. You don't lose anything and you have a really clean environment for PowerDvd. Buy an extra HDD if necessary to do that (you might find one in a box of cornflakes they are so cheap now).

I doubt anyone here is going to be able to help with that one. Your best bet is to...I know, you aren't going to like this...contact Cyberlink support. DUM DUM DAAAAAAA. /scary music
Yeah, I've tried them in the past and they're horrible! At least the two times I tried using their support. Maybe they're better now? I know the people here are more competent, so I thought I'd try you guys first. :)

After months of crashing PDVD, only able to play BD from HD folder, ISO, disk, HD-DVD all crashed when I tried to play them from PDVD :bang: After weeks of back and forth with CL support, I finally decided to do a clean install from scratch and now I am a happy camper. I can play EVERYTHING, ISO, disk and folder without crashing from PDVD 3319a and/or 3370a. Try the suggestion from SamuriHL first and if they can help it will be great if not you might need to do a clean install in order to make everything to work. Best of luck!
Yeah, good idea. Maybe this will be a good time to update to Vista SP1. I'll see if I can find some time this weekend and I'll give that a shot.

And by "clean install", that crazy fool means reinstalling the operating system from scratch. :D It worked, so, that's not necessarily a bad way to go depending on what you can do for backing up your data and how many apps you'll need to reinstall. Last ditch effort, I'd give it a shot after backing everything up. But see if CL support can pull something out of a nether region for you. Anything's possible. They did actually manage to help me with a support issue in 3730 that I had where the audio on SD discs was out of sync. Their suggestion actually worked for me. It was the nastiest reinstall I've seen in a while and actually, come to think of it, might work for you. I'll see if I can do this from memory.

-Uninstall ALL versions of PowerDVD from your machine
-Delete any left over files/folder with Cyberlink or PowerDVD in the name on your hard drive.
-In the registry, both in HKEY_LM and HKEY_CU branches, delete any Cyberlink or PowerDVD entries you find
-Reboot
-Try reinstalling PowerDVD

If that doesn't work, I'd say you probably have a conflict somewhere and a fresh OS install wouldn't be a horrible idea. But if this doesn't work, I'd check with CL support first and see if they have any insight.
Yeah, I guess it's time though. I usually do it about once a year and I think it's been a year now (for a clean install). I tried the uninstall, registry/folder cleaning/deletion and it still craps out on me. Thanks for the help/suggestions!

Good advice from SamuriHL as usual, but you could also just install the OS in another partition (multi-boot) and put PowerDvd in there. You don't lose anything and you have a really clean environment for PowerDvd. Buy an extra HDD if necessary to do that (you might find one in a box of cornflakes they are so cheap now).
Yeah, I have dual boot right now (Vista/XP) and 3730a runs fine on XP, but I usually use that partition for gaming and Vista for home theater stuff. LOL I love your reference to the cereal prize, that was great!

Definitely sounds like time for a clean install. I may end up doing my HTPC in the near future, as well. I want to see if I can figure out that damn Showtime issue. Not that I really care that much but I don't like when things don't work. Anyway, if there's anything we can do to help, give a yell.

Back