• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Upgrade Path

sondeterra

Ok you tech wizards accidentally started build of HTPC which follows mostly the AVS Forum HTPC build guide for MicroATX low end II build wish to use reccomended XFX GeForce 8500GT Video Card to upgrade and everything I read says Vista Vista Vista, well I'm running XP XP XP(so its hasta la VISTA) is this video card supported in XP?

Yes..........hardware is not hardware particular.

Ok you tech wizards accidentally started build of HTPC which follows mostly the AVS Forum HTPC build guide for MicroATX low end II build wish to use reccomended XFX GeForce 8500GT Video Card to upgrade and everything I read says Vista Vista Vista, well I'm running XP XP XP(so its hasta la VISTA) is this video card supported in XP?

I am not using for HTPC, but my computer has an 8600GT and using XP.

The only thing in vista over XP is the UDF system and the DX10 or 10.1 so the card will work just fine but run DX9 though.

A Touch of the forelock

Thank youall for your replies do you think the 512 MB PCI express card sufficient? There is a more expensive one with 1 Gig.

The 8600GT will be fine. It is a very strong card and should do all you need. DX9 is the norm.
UDF (Universal Disk Format) refers to optical drive & media applications.

Back