• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why I'm not purchasing AnyDVD at this time

PapaJim

Trouble ripping to PC

I began my AnyDVD trail membership yesterday. And I'm trying to rip a DVD to my PC. The AnyDVD screen recognizes my DVD disc in Drive D. But when I right-click on the Fox icon to rip, all I get is a "Drive D: is not ready" error- message. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I began my AnyDVD trail membership yesterday. And I'm trying to rip a DVD to my PC. The AnyDVD screen recognizes my DVD disc in Drive D. But when I right-click on the Fox icon to rip, all I get is a "Drive D: is not ready" error- message. Any suggestions? Thanks.

1. Update to 6.4.0.1 beta: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=97497&postcount=1

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

all I get is a "Drive D: is not ready" error- message.

3. Is that the full error message?

Last edited:
Followups

I tried to follow the recommendations in Webslinger's post, but with little success. I downloaded 6.4.0.1 beta with no problems. Then I made sure that AnyDVD was running, and inserted my DVD in the D: drive of my PC. AnyDVD indicated the DVD disc status was the same as on previous trials. As long as the AnyDVD program was running, nothing happened when I right-clicked the red fox icon. More experiments showed that I could reach the menu with "Creat Logfile.." ONLY after closing the AnyDVD program. But clicking on "Create logfile" did nothing -- no files (Zip or otherwise) were created.

To answer Webslinger's other question: Yes, "Drive D: is not ready" is the full error message.

My immediate goal is to transfer DVD videos to my PC. Right now, I have no interest in burning/creating DVD copies.

AnyDVD indicated the DVD disc status was the same as on previous trials.

Which was?

1. Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter (just right click in the window and choose "select all" and then "copy"), copy and paste (right click, select "paste") the information into your next reply on these forums.

More experiments showed that I could reach the menu with "Creat Logfile.." ONLY after closing the AnyDVD program.

:confused: If you exit Anydvd, Anydvd shouldn't be running, the red fox icon on your toolbar shouldn't exist--and that menu option shouldn't even be listed.

2. Does this issue occur with all dvds--or just one in particular?

3. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (but use Anydvd 6.4.0.1 beta--and not 6.4.0.0--and note that step 4 requires you to post information)

Memorex Problem????

I’ve tried to read/view various DVDs on my PC. I now think that my “MEMOREX DVD16+/-DL4RWLD2” unit (my D: drive) cannot read “DVD+R” discs. This seems to be the cause of my problem. I sent Memorex Email describing this issue, asking them to suggest a fix.

I think AnyDVD is functioning normally. But let me describe my experiments, and see if everyone agrees. Of course, I welcome any suggestions to get the Memorex drive reading “DVD+R” discs.

Experiments: I used 8 DVDs. 2 were recorded in “DVD-Video” format; 6, in “DVD+R” format. A standalone DVD player, attached to a TV, opened all 8 just fine.

Using the Memorex drive on my PC, I could view both “DVD-Video” discs. Using AnyDVD’s “rip-to-harddrive” option, I could rip both “DVD-video” discs to my PC.

AnyDVD Status reports for the 2 “DVD-video” discs are given below:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Video DVD (or CD) label: Wolves
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Video DVD (or CD) label: CONSISTENT_TENNIS_WINS_7_F
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, I inserted each of the 6 “DVR+R” discs in the Memorex drive. I could view none of them on my PC. Windows Explorer indicated either a blank disc, or no disc at all, in my D: drive. AnyDVD gave identical status reports (below), for each of the 6 discs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MEMOREX DVD16+/-DL4RWLD2 JWS5 2005/02/18 22:23
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2295104 sectors (4482 MBytes)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, I formatted a “DVD-RW” disc, and recorded a TV program. I inserted this disc in the Memorex Drive; iit opened just fine. I tried AnyDVD’s “rip” function and got an error message. But Windows Explorer allowed me to-cut-and-paste the program to my PC.

I’ve tried to read/view various DVDs on my PC. I now think that my “MEMOREX DVD16+/-DL4RWLD2” unit (my D: drive) cannot read “DVD+R” discs.

Anydvd is intended for use with original commercial dvds.

My 21 day trial is about to expire. Thought SlySoft & this forum would be interested in knowing why I'm not purchasing at this time.

Replicating discs in the DVD+R format was the reason I became interested in AnyDVD. I have no particular interest in replicating discs in the DVD-Video format.

On my PC, AnyDVD never worked with DVD+R discs. Showed that a disc was in my external drive, but that was all. AnyDVD worked fine with discs having the DVD-video format. As mentioned in a previous post, a faulty Memorex drive seems to be the root cause of my problem.

But since I can't get AnyDVD to work on the discs I'm interested in, I'm not extending my trial.

Suggestions for SlySoft: (1) Is AnyDVD supposed to work on DVD+R formatted discs? If N, spell this out! To the uninitiated (me), "any DVD" means "any DVD". (2) Develop & post a test so that potential purchasers can test the integrity of their drives.

AnyDVD does not "care" whether a disc is + or -. It is your drive/firmware that cares.

You can't easily "extend" a trial of AnyDVD. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

AnyDVD was not your problem. I use nothing but quality +R media.
If you would explain your problem in more detail I'm sure someone could help you.

Replicating discs in the DVD+R format

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, because Anydvd works perfectly fine with +R Discs. That's all I use.

+R is not a video format.

I have no particular interest in replicating discs in the DVD-Video format.

So I can only conclude that you're talking about dvd-vr or dvd+vr. No, Anydvd does not officially support dvd recordable formats since they do not comply to the dvd video standard.

However, if you click the red fox icon-->navigate to "video dvd"-->"settings"--> select "Always enabled (not recommended)"
that will work for dvd-vr discs.

Clonecd will work with those discs.

Last edited:
As mentioned in a previous post, a faulty Memorex drive seems to be the root cause of my problem.

well if your drive is faulty how the hell can you expect software (especially sofware that works at a low level ripping the data) to work? sounds like if you replace your faulty drive then anydvd will probably work.. you can't blame software on a hardware malfunction...

On my PC, AnyDVD never worked with DVD+R discs. Showed that a disc was in my external drive, but that was all. AnyDVD worked fine with discs having the DVD-video format. As mentioned in a previous post, a faulty Memorex drive seems to be the root cause of my problem.

But since I can't get AnyDVD to work on the discs I'm interested in, I'm not extending my trial.

Suggestions for SlySoft: (1) Is AnyDVD supposed to work on DVD+R formatted discs? If N, spell this out! To the uninitiated (me), "any DVD" means "any DVD". (2) Develop & post a test so that potential purchasers can test the integrity of their drives.

Are you using the term DVD+R on purpose. Or are you talking about dvd's that are already copies or movies made from movie software programs. If it is the first I can tell you from experience that I have many movies that were duplicated over 3 years ago with early burners early software programs and media that was probably not the best. To make copies of those movies anydvd must be turned off. In fact even with anydvd turned off some of them will not play in my computer anymore. Shrink gives me an error also as if the disc are encrypted. The cyberhome will still play most of them. But no highend player will play those movies.

well if your drive is faulty how the hell can you expect software (especially sofware that works at a low level ripping the data) to work? sounds like if you replace your faulty drive then anydvd will probably work.. you can't blame software on a hardware malfunction...

Ditto :clap:

My 21 day trial is about to expire. Thought SlySoft & this forum would be interested in knowing why I'm not purchasing at this time.

Replicating discs in the DVD+R format was the reason I became interested in AnyDVD. I have no particular interest in replicating discs in the DVD-Video format.

Upgrade your Firmware! SlySoft Products work Great on any format.
If you had the sense to buy a quality PC/Notebook & DVD Burner, we
wouldn't be having this conversation

how do you expect to have your problem solved when you dont explain your situation. there are people on this forum that help everyday i personally use anydvd for bluray ripping at the moment but i have been using this software for years with my dvd collection and just this past year i re-ripped my movies onto my hard drive using my dvd-r and dvd+r and everything works great. so how about you tell us whats wrong so you can be given the proper advice on what to do

Try downloading a the newest relese of ANYDVD -
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15697

Also if your using WINDOWS VISTA, you will need to Manualy download the
SP1 (Service Pack 1) and if your using XP there is now a SP3, these were released last month.
The non official release was last month and this fixed the same problem your having with the disc not seeing the drive or the other way around.

:cool:

Try downloading a the newest relese of ANYDVD -
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15697

Also if your using WINDOWS VISTA, you will need to Manualy download the
SP1 (Service Pack 1) and if your using XP there is now a SP3, these were released last month.
The non official release was last month and this fixed the same problem your having with the disc not seeing the drive or the other way around.

:cool:

With the newer versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD the problematic discs caused by the Vista UDF problem will work w/o Vista SP1 being installed.

I'd also hold off on using the XP SP3 until it's finalized.

AnyDVD is not your problem. I have had 5 different burners from different manufacturers and 2 combo drives and have ripped at least a 1000 DVDs, 80% of which were +R's, all using AnyDVD. You shouldn't automatically assume it is the software. Try updating your firmware on you burner, most updates are to recognize more media. AND use good media like Verbs or TY.

Maybe he complains, that AnyDVD status says "no disc in drive" (which is perfectly fine, it isn't suppose to touch empty discs) if an empty DVD+R is inserted?

Back