• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How many licenses do I need?

mry110

My current plan is to rip all of my disks to a file server as an iso (the file server is where I will actually do the ripping). Playback will be on media pc's through out the house. If I have a copy of AnyDVD HD on the file server for the ripping process, do I need AnyDVD HD on the Media PC's as well? How does BD+ affect that answer?

My current plan is to rip all of my disks to a file server as an iso (the file server is where I will actually do the ripping). Playback will be on media pc's through out the house. If I have a copy of AnyDVD HD on the file server for the ripping process, do I need AnyDVD HD on the Media PC's as well? How does BD+ affect that answer?

If you stripped BD+, region coding, AACS, etc. from the rip, then it seems to me you shouldn't need Anydvd HD running on all of the computers.

No. You only need 1 AnyDVD license.

Unless you plan on making "unmolested".... okay, we really gotta stop using that word, its getting weird.:eek:

Anyway, unless you plan on making ISOs with AACS/BD intact, then you really only need one copy of AnyDVD to rip the movies to your server. From what James and gang are saying on this thread though, its possible to have multiple copies installed under the same license, you just cant use them at the same time (is that true:confused:).

Back