• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows Lockup when trying to create a new Profile in 3.0.1.0

Kork

Hi,

everytime i try to create a new profile with game Jackal, i eventually reach to the point where i am asked to insert the CD of the game and the game should automatically be started. However the drive begins to spin and i continue to keep seeing the screen with the opening and closing cd tray. After a few seconds the drive is no longer spinning anymore and windows is locked up. I can move windows around but i cannot start new apps anymore neither can i shutdown game jackal. Only a reboot is helping. I tried several games, but it is occurring on every game i tried.

I am using Game Jackal 3.0.1.0 on Windows XP SP2.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Kork

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running?

2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?
Windows XP 32 bit SP2

3. If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles. This includes Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Virtual Clonedrive, Clonecdtray, VSO's EZ Play (comes with Blindwrite), and possibly Anydvd. These are programs that are typically blacklisted by copy protections.

None of these installed.

4. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.)

Not installed.

5. What protection does your game use? Don't know? Find out before posting about issues (and include that information)! Use Protection ID. It's a free program. Use ProtectionID and scan your HD directory where the game is installed (right click the icon on your toolbar, and select "scan files/folders"). Or just scan the main program .exe(s) that you find in the game directory on your hard drive. Provide the protection name and the version number.

SecuROM Detected - Version 07.36.0010 | Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check

6. What is the name of the game you're trying to run?

C&C3 Kane's Revenge

7. What is the version of the game?

8. Is it cd or dvd version?
DVD version

9. What region or country is the original disc from?
Germany

10. What cpu are you running?
Core2Duo E6600

11. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader?

Sony DVD RW DW-D18A, no idea about the firmware

12. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers.

BitDefender Total Security 2008 build 11.0.16

13. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.

See my first post.

14. Uploaded Summary.txt. NOte that it contained only the messages for the World in Conflict Profile, which was the last one that worked.

15 a)
===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.0.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Upper Class Filter: maplom
Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: maploml
Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
File Description: Redbook-Audiofiltertreiber
Product Name: Betriebssystem Microsoft® Windows®
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

Filter Name: maplom
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\maplom.sys
File Version: 3, 0, 1, 0 [3.0.1.0]
File Description: Maplom.sys
Product Name: Game Jackal
Product Version: 3, 0, 1, 0 [3.0.1.0]
Company Name: SlySoft Inc.
Copyright: Copyright © 2007, 2008 SlySoft Inc.

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys
File Version: 2.0.6.1
File Description: CD/DVD Class Filter Driver
Product Name: GEAR.wrks
Product Version: 8.xx [2.0.6.1]
Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (c) GEAR Software Inc. 2006

Filter Name: maploml
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\maploml.sys
File Version: 3, 0, 1, 0 [3.0.1.0]
File Description: Maplom.sys
Product Name: Game Jackal
Product Version: 3, 0, 1, 0 [3.0.1.0]
Company Name: SlySoft Inc.
Copyright: Copyright © 2007, 2008 SlySoft Inc.

Filter Name: imapi
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Attachments

• Summary.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 4
The summary you posted was for a different games. You need to give GJ a few seconds after the profile has shutdown as the summary is prepared by a lazy thread (in some cases a really lazy thread ;)) and may take a few seconds to get sorted (this is a bug we will fix for the next release)

Ow well, i will try to wait for a few minutes then. BUt it seems to lock up totally.

Hmm i tried again, several different games, its not working anymore at all. Everytime i insert the CD in the last step when creating a profile, the whole gamejackal app freezes and that's it. No log file is being written at all. I tried uninstalling /reinstalling , didnt work. :bang: I tried disabling Firewall/Antivirus, didn't work. :bang: I am somewhat out of options right now. Is there some way i could activate a debug-mode where it logs step by step what it is doing, so you could better see where the problem lies?

Try creating a new profile. However at step 4, under advanced options, set "Game management" to disabled.

I'm getting exactly the same thing when I try to create a profile for CNC3 Kane's Wrath also, except I'm using Vista 32bit.

/edit: what's happening is that when we get to step 5 after putting in the DVD, the profiler sits there waiting to detect it, and never does. The odd thing is if I open My Computer, it says there is nothing in the DVD-Rom drive either. Odd - because if I don't go through the profiling process, My Computer detects it just fine.

Last edited:
/edit: what's happening is that when we get to step 5 after putting in the DVD, the profiler sits there waiting to detect it, and never does. The odd thing is if I open My Computer, it says there is nothing in the DVD-Rom drive either. Odd - because if I don't go through the profiling process, My Computer detects it just fine.

If Game Jackal is not detecting the CD/DVD, then we need to sort this first.
How many CD/DVD drives do you have in you machine?

If Game Jackal is not detecting the CD/DVD, then we need to sort this first.
How many CD/DVD drives do you have in you machine?
Just the one - it's an ASUS CD/DVD Writer Drive with Lightscribe, SATA. It works 100% perfectly fine unless we're at Stage 5 of the profiling process.

When you are at stage 5, open explorer and look at the CD/DVD drive and see if Windows is seeing a CD/DVD.

Well same here, it just locks up, no matter if i disable the game management thingy...

C&C III & C&C III: Kane's Wrath run just fine with GJ 3.0.1.1b.

I too was getting the "Please insert original disc" with all versions prior to 3.0.1.1b.

To create profile, drag shortcut icon to GJ window follow the prompts after that,
worked just fine for me.

Now where can i download that version? The homepage offers 3.0.1.0 only...

Doh, me stupid git, i found it in the forum posts. Thanks, trying out now...

Updated to 3.0.1.2, still the same problem. Thing locks up when creating a profile, no matter which game i try. Using existing profiles works like a charm though...

Back