• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AVP Requiem Blu-ray won't read at all...

DVD Mansion

Beta Tester
I have 3 sepeate LG Blu-ray drives 1 GBW-H10N and 2 LG H20L and all 3 will not read the disc. It's the only disc they won't read but the disc plays fine on 2 stand alone players, ARGH!

Anyone know if these drives need a firmware update & if anyone has updated the firmware on them please provide a link I can't find it anywhere.

The dvd is not out till the 15th of April so I won't even ask if anyone has eperienced the same problem but if in case there is someone out there please chime in.

Cheers
Chris
DVD Mansion

I have 3 sepeate LG Blu-ray drives 1 GBW-H10N and 2 LG H20L and all 3 will not read the disc. It's the only disc they won't read but the disc plays fine on 2 stand alone players, ARGH!

Anyone know if these drives need a firmware update & if anyone has updated the firmware on them please provide a link I can't find it anywhere.

The dvd is not out till the 15th of April so I won't even ask if anyone has eperienced the same problem but if in case there is someone out there please chime in.

Cheers
Chris
DVD Mansion
I believe the disc can be read, but AnyDVD crashes while removing BD+. Try to disable BD+ removal temporarily.

Ok that worked thx, now the question is, once ripped will it play back fine or will it stutter again since we dissabled the BD+? If it can't be played then what other fix exists?

TIA
Chris
DVD Mansion

Ok that worked thx, now the question is, once ripped will it play back fine or will it stutter again since we dissabled the BD+? If it can't be played then what other fix exists?

TIA
Chris
DVD Mansion
At this moment, there is no fix. This only proves, that the discs aren't defective. We'll fix this around the end of April (estimated).

EDIT: Unless you are willing to put all the .svm files in the BDSVM directory on a file server for us to download. Probably 60-80 MBytes in size. A little large for an email.

TIA
Chris
DVD Mansion

No, it won't be playable. What is required is patience for them to release a fix. I'm sure they're working on it. A new version of AnyDVD will be required to fix this. And no, playing it back with an old version of PowerDVD won't work. The new BD+ code disallowed BD+ code from executing without the presence of AACS which is removed when you rip it with AnyDVD active.

No, it won't be playable. What is required is patience for them to release a fix. I'm sure they're working on it.
Not yet. We need the disc, or at least the .svm files.

Maybe someone who has the disc can archive up the stuff you need and send it. The discs aren't even available to me until next week. I do plan on getting the AvP/AvP2 two pack though.

Maybe someone who has the disc can archive up the stuff you need and send it. The discs aren't even available to me until next week. I do plan on getting the AvP/AvP2 two pack though.
Send it... how? A little large for an email. But uploading it on a fileshare server would do.

Send it... how? A little large for an email. But uploading it on a fileshare server would do.

Yea, well, I didn't say it'd be easy. It looks like they're what, 60, 80 megs? Something like that? :D

Well my AVP Requiem shipped so I should in theory get it any day now, so I could up any files you need when I receive it

Cheers
Chris
DVD Mansion

If you got a disc with your drives there should be a firmware updater program on it, install it then let it go online and check for firmware updates. I've done it with over 20 LG Blu-ray writers so far

It's not an issue with the drive, mine does the same thing. It's BD+ issue (turning off BD+ support stops the constant disc checking). With any luck the Slysoft team should have access to the files they require by now.

I was just replying to his comment about getting the firmware for the drive

Back