• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

blu ray and ps3

tampa85

If i buy slysofts HD product, and want to back up one of my blurays. Is it as simple as:

1: ripping to Hard Drive
2: copy and pasting to the ps3 drive or using tvesity to stream?

Or are there more steps to take?

If i buy slysofts HD product, and want to back up one of my blurays. Is it as simple as:

1: ripping to Hard Drive
2: copy and pasting to the ps3 drive or using tvesity to stream?

Or are there more steps to take?

First, no blu rays can simply be made by copying and pasting to the Ps3 drive. I stream many of my blu ray rips to my PS3 usin tversity, but you must use a program like tsremux or tsmuxer to strip out just the dolby digital audio stream and the video stream. And the PS3 will only accept AVC and MPEG2 encoded blu ray rips. Another note if you want to stream these files: you must give them an .mpg extension so the PS3 can recognize them.

First, no blu rays can simply be made by copying and pasting to the Ps3 drive. I stream many of my blu ray rips to my PS3 usin tversity, but you must use a program like tsremux or tsmuxer to strip out just the dolby digital audio stream and the video stream. And the PS3 will only accept AVC and MPEG2 encoded blu ray rips. Another note if you want to stream these files: you must give them an .mpg extension so the PS3 can recognize them.

I have used AnyDVD-HD to rip Blu-Ray movies to my server.
I stream them to my PS3 using Twonky Media.

1) Twonky handles the m2ts files without renaming them.
2) Audio is fine with Twonky, as long as the sound track is not TrueHD only.

hanko - do you use tsremux or tsmuxer like mick? Or is it not necessary with twonky?

If you use tsremux you could take the TrueHD audio and get an DD core audio track out of it. That should allow you to stream those that only have english TrueHD tracks and no DD.

Mick, so when i rip the BD, i need to strip the audio the decode to mpeg2?

If i encode it to a mpeg2, will it still be a true 1080p stream?

Why cant the cut and paste job work on the ps3? File structure?

If you use tsremux you could take the TrueHD audio and get an DD core audio track out of it. That should allow you to stream those that only have english TrueHD tracks and no DD.

I'll try that on Walk Hard - because the ONLY
ENGLISH track is TrueHD.

Well, if thats the case, looks like ill be in the market for a large external drive

Cant watch DVD's after the first blu ray movie i saw

Do we have a list of flicks that have true hd audio only?

Thanks - I'll try it.

I assume you use it on the Ripped File?

I don't think it matters much if you do it from ripped or off the original. I tend to do mine from mounted ISOs personally. :)

Back