• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AVP: Requiem/Alvin nd the Cipmunks logfiles

DVDJunkie

Hi, first time poster and recent (as in tonight) purchaser of AnyDVD HD! I've been using the trial version of your excellent product in conjunction with a software player to take screen caps from various BD/HD DVD titles. Some newer titles from Sony/Fox were giving me a message about needing a critical update to work, so I bought the software :)

However, I'm now getting a message that says I can't contact the update server. Is this a temporary thing, or is it because the discs I'm trying to process are a fair way off their release dates? I have a half dozen or so Sony/Fox titles with this issue.

I have provided log files for two of the Fox titles (AVP2 and Alvin and the Chipmunks). I noticed the log file for AVP2 was requested in another thread. These are the UK releases. Apologies if this is the wrong place to do so :eek:

I have the latest beta (6.4.0.7) and I'm amazed by how quickly you guys update your product. Hopefully these discs will be sorted soon. It's mad that we're not even allowed to take screen caps from discs now! Keep up the good work!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_ALVIN_F1.zip
    20.4 KB · Views: 32
  • AnyDVD_Info_E_AVP2_F1.zip
    28.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
No, I'm not, not any more. As I said, I managed to get it purchased for me through our website and I have a valid key/installation. The error message I get now is different to the one before. The one before said I couldn't update because it was a trial version, now it just says it cannot process my request and to try again later.

No, I'm not, not any more. As I said, I managed to get it purchased for me through our website and I have a valid key/installation. The error message I get now is different to the one before. The one before said I couldn't update because it was a trial version, now it just says it cannot process my request and to try again later.

Okay, my apologies. I'm not sure what's going on with Slysoft's server. A Slysoft team member will need to respond.

I'm not sure AVP Requiem is handled correctly by Anydvd at this time, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be sure you don't have any firewall or other software blocking the connection to the update server.

Hi, first time poster and recent (as in tonight) purchaser of AnyDVD HD! I've been using the trial version of your excellent product in conjunction with a software player to take screen caps from various BD/HD DVD titles for inclusion on our website. Some newer titles from Sony/Fox were giving me a message about needing a critical update to work, so I managed to talk our web master into buying the software for me :)

However, I'm now getting a message that says I can't contact the update server. Is this a temporary thing, or is it because the discs I'm trying to process are a fair way off their release dates? I have a half dozen or so Sony/Fox titles with this issue.

I have provided log files for two of the Fox titles (AVP2 and Alvin and the Chipmunks). I noticed the log file for AVP2 was requested in another thread. These are the UK releases. Apologies if this is the wrong place to do so :eek:

I have the latest beta (6.4.0.7) and I'm amazed by how quickly you guys update your product. Hopefully these discs will be sorted soon. It's mad that we're not even allowed to take screen caps from discs now! Keep up the good work!
Wow, we have a winner! Congratulations for being the first to discover .... drumroll...

MKB version 7
Host Certificate revoked. Please update AnyDVD!

Thank you for posting the log files! Fernando & Peer will appreciate it! :bowdown:

Is there a way we could have these discs, please? ;)

Last edited:
Wow, we have a winner! Congratulations for being the first to discover .... drumroll...

MKB version 7

Thank you for posting the log files! Fernando & Peer will appreciate it! :bowdown:

Is there a way we could have these discs, please? ;)

Version 7?!?!? What the FRACK?! What the hell happened to 5 and 6??! :D

Wait, do these discs play without AnyDVD enabled in PowerDVD 7.3???

Heh, unfortunately we need 'em ;) Are the log files useful then? Would it be worth posting the log files from some of the Sony discs I have issues with? The 6th Day seems to work with the latest beta, but First Knight/Life and Death of Bobby Z and others are still a no-no (seems to be MKB4). Oddly other titles from the same generation, such as Erin Brockovich/Baron Munchausen, are fine.

I often get discs months in advance of street dates, so I can always post log files if it helps.

Oh, and they play, they're just not decrypted so I can't take screen caps (which was the reason we've invested over £100 in AnyDVD and some other software in the first place).

If you have inserted these new discs with MKBv7 in your drive it would have updated the drive to revoke anydvd's key so even with older movies it wont work for you, unless anydvd already has the key in its internal database. At least thats how it used to work, maybe anydvd gets around this with the update server.

Heh, unfortunately we need 'em ;) Are the log files useful then? Would it be worth posting the log files from some of the Sony discs I have issues with? The 6th Day seems to work with the latest beta, but First Knight/Life and Death of Bobby Z and others are still a no-no (seems to be MKB4). Oddly other titles from the same generation, such as Erin Brockovich/Baron Munchausen, are fine.

I often get discs months in advance of street dates, so I can always post log files if it helps.

Oh, and they play, they're just not decrypted so I can't take screen caps (which was the reason we've invested over £100 in AnyDVD and some other software in the first place).
It helps! It helps even more, if you send us the discs! :D
Just kidding. If you have "very new" MKBv4 titles and your drive has "seen" the MKBv7, AnyDVD's host certificate got revoked. MKBv7 seems to do this, of course:
Our server can't crack these discs without the VolumeID, which you don't get with a revoked host certificate, so new MKBv4 discs cannot be decrypted (unless you have a second drive where AnyDVD hasn't been blacklisted, or someone else asks our server with a drive which hasn't been blacklisted).

Last edited:
If you have inserted these new discs with MKBv7 in your drive it would have updated the drive to revoke anydvd's key so even with older movies it wont work for you, unless anydvd already has the key in its internal database. At least thats how it used to work, maybe anydvd gets around this with the update server.
It does. If the update server once "knows" about a disc, it can send out the correct keys, even if the certificate of the client got revoked.

[ADVERTISEMENT MODE]
Yeah, we jump through loops and do all this stuff to "protect" our customers. :D
[/ADVERTISEMENT MODE]

Webslinger,

We may need a new sticky post warning people of this situation. If people try to play these movies(and I say we need to make a list of known titles) AnyDVD will be boned on those drives.

does slysoft have a new host certificate ready for the next version? since you knew it was going to be revoked eventually.

It does. If the update server once "knows" about a disc, it can send out the correct keys, even if the certificate of the client got revoked.

[ADVERTISEMENT MODE]
Yeah, we jump through loops and do all this stuff to "protect" our customers. :D
[/ADVERTISEMENT MODE]

It helps us with ISOs, too, so, thanks. :)

Wait, do these discs play without AnyDVD enabled in PowerDVD 7.3???
Good question! I would like to know, too.
How about TMT? WinDVD9? Nero Showtime? And - last, but not least - PDVD8?

Good question! I would like to know, too.
How about TMT? WinDVD9? Nero Showtime? And - last, but not least - PDVD8?

I thought you'd appreciate that one. ;) It would be interesting to find the answer to that.

does slysoft have a new host certificate ready for the next version? since you knew it was going to be revoked eventually.
We'll see. Peer must check the MKB from the log.

Back