• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ripped the same file twice but differ

Tox

Hi,

I got a rather unusual bug with AnyDVD (currently I'm using version 6.3.1.2). When i copy a file from an HD DVD or BD to the HDD and then compare it with another copy of the same file, they in fact differ. This also happens if I make an image of the disk and another image of the disk and compare them, they still differ. This happens quite often even though not always.

Then when I copy the file/make the image a third time it sometimes happens that this copy is equal to the first or the second. Some disks tend to behave like this some other tend to deliver different data each time I read the file.

I've done a File Comparison over these files so that I could see the actual difference. It seems the differences have always the length of 24 bytes. That's a little strange because the block size of the AES encryption used for AACS is 192 bits... exactly 24 bytes. Could it be the decryption algorithm has an error?

The FC output is attached. Note that this one is from the German release of "Into The Blue" BD from the file BDMV\STREAM\00065.m2ts

Attachments

• unterschiede.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi,

I got a rather unusual bug with AnyDVD (currently I'm using version 6.3.1.2). When i copy a file from an HD DVD or BD to the HDD and then compare it with another copy of the same file, they in fact differ. This also happens if I make an image of the disk and another image of the disk and compare them, they still differ. This happens quite often even though not always.

Then when I copy the file/make the image a third time it sometimes happens that this copy is equal to the first or the second. Some disks tend to behave like this some other tend to deliver different data each time I read the file.

I've done a File Comparison over these files so that I could see the actual difference. It seems the differences have always the length of 24 bytes. That's a little strange because the block size of the AES encryption used for AACS is 192 bits... exactly 24 bytes. Could it be the decryption algorithm has an error?

The FC output is attached. Note that this one is from the German release of "Into The Blue" BD from the file BDMV\STREAM\00065.m2ts

I can't answer your question but would highly recommend that you update your version of AnyDVD. Many many things have been improved.

AnyDVD 6.4.0.7 beta: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6407.exe.

Yes, I've thought about doing an update but I had a look into the changelog and I've not found any fix which could be related to the problem (even not in the current beta). So I didn't think this has been tracked or resolved, yet, and I first wanted to ask around in the forum whether someone can confirm this.

Thank you in advance.

PS Maybe this is of importance, I'm using the LG GGC H20L.

1. It's completely useless troubleshooting old versions of Anydvd. Do what Drinklyeanddie wrote and update

2. After updating, post a log file (so I can take a look at your filters)

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Last edited:
Hi,

Interesting, to say the least. Although I am not aware of such a bug, I recommend trying the newest beta 6.4.0.7. It is also possible to be a problem with the drive (which would be really bad, but I doubt it).
Also, how did you rip? With AnyDVD ripper or the filesystem?

EDIT:
If you used the filesystem, try AnyDVD ripper (and vice versa). Thanks!

Yes, I've thought about doing an update but I had a look into the changelog and I've not found any fix which could be related to the problem (even not in the current beta). So I didn't think this has been tracked or resolved, yet, and I first wanted to ask around in the forum whether someone can confirm this.

Thank you in advance.

PS Maybe this is of importance, I'm using the LG GGC H20L.

i have th same drive as you and from what i read so do alot of the other people on here if you just do what they told you and update you should be fine everytime i had a bug i did an update and it usually cleared everything up

@James

yes, I used the filesystem.

Let's report what I've done today.
1) I've tried making an image of a BD completely without usage of AnyDVD. It still differs from another copy. So obviously it wasn't AnyDVD's fault at all.
2) Now that it seemed that it's really a problem with the drive I decided to determine whether normal DVD's are affected as well. They don't.
3) The last thing so far is that I updated the firmware of the drive... And now I've done two copies of one BD that are absolutely the same.

I will do some more tests but I'm confident...

One reason that may be happening is due to a driver conflict issue (I've seen that happen before even when Anydvd is disabled; other drivers can cause issues). If you would like us to look, then follow the instructions I posted. If we are unable to find anything at fault on your system, then you can likely conclude the drive is the problem (you at that point may also want to try another cable on the back of the drive).

Last edited:
Alright, I've now backed up two BD's and one HD DVD successfully with the new firmware. Everything went fine and no ambiguous data anymore.

That's my turn to adress all the owners of the LG GGC-H20L. I strongly recommend to update your firmware to version 1.02. Version 1.00 the drive is shipped with (at least mine) has a bug that may corrupt the data unnoticed while reading. Use the auto-updater or download the update manually.

That's my turn to adress all the owners of the LG GGC-H20L. I strongly recommend to update your firmware to version 1.02. Version 1.00

I'm glad you resolved your issue. In the future please post log files as it helps to resolve issues faster: if you had most of us would have pointed out that you may need a firmware update.

Back