• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot access the DVD menu on ripped copy

Regor

I use AnyDVD version 6.4.0.4 and CloneDVD version 2.9.1.5

The dvd title is "Volbeat: Live-Sold Out" (music dvd)
UPC/EAN: 8712725724070, released in february 2008

Ok, this is the problem:

On the original disc as I start the DVD, the main menu of the DVD will appear after a short intro. On the ripped copy on the other hand (whether it is ripped to ISO file or a VIDEO_TS folder), the main title/track will start without the possibility to access the main dvd menu to choose other titles on the disc! If I try to do so, the main title just starts all over again or just stops (depends on which application I use for playing the ripped copy). All the chapters and titles/tracks have been ripped (I can see that using the Go To-function in Power DVD for example) but the menu is not accessible.

I have chosen "Preserve menus" in CloneDVD.
In AnyDVD none of the settings for Navigation are applied, and AI scanner is set to automatic.

No errormessage is ever displayed, everything looks normal during the copying procesess.

This is the first DVD I have experienced this with and I have ripped about 100 DVD's to ISO files using AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

Regor

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_VOLBEAT_DVD1.zip
    70.8 KB · Views: 7
Leave anydvd running and see if this still occurs then on the original disc in the drive.

Try doing as Charlie suggested and report back on the results.

This disc has absolutely no protection that I can see. You should be able to rip the disc w/o AnyDVD even being used from the looks of it. What happens if you temporarily disable AnyDVD and then use CloneDVD to make a backup? Are the results the same?

Last edited:
Additionally, I recommend updating your software.

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in
viii. Start Anydvd

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.0.7 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6407.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2916.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

Thanks for your suggestions, I have now tested them. Here's the summary of tonight's testing:

Playback of the original disc with AnyDVD running is normal, the menu appears after a few seconds and I can navigate through it.

Cloning the disc with CloneDVD without AnyDVD running completed without errors, but the result when playing the copy was the same: it starts at title number 1 and it is not possible to access the menu.

For testing purposes I installed the beta versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD on a different computer where the region on the dvd-drive is set to Region 2. Unfortunately, the result remains the same as before. I have attached the logfile .

I'm about to give up on this dvd. I have ripped all my other music dvd's to harddisk for easy playback so it's a bit frustrating that this disc just will not copy correctly.

Regor

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_VOLBEAT_DVD1.zip
    70.9 KB · Views: 7
Anydvd running and a ripped copy should result in the same I thought? Not works one way but not the other or am I missing something here? As for CloneDVD2 are you sure that you are putting a x in the preserve menus as well? There also isn't any protection at all on this disc too???

Thanks for your suggestions, I have now tested them. Here's the summary of tonight's testing:

Playback of the original disc with AnyDVD running is normal, the menu appears after a few seconds and I can navigate through it.

Cloning the disc with CloneDVD without AnyDVD running completed without errors, but the result when playing the copy was the same: it starts at title number 1 and it is not possible to access the menu.

For testing purposes I installed the beta versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD on a different computer where the region on the dvd-drive is set to Region 2. Unfortunately, the result remains the same as before. I have attached the logfile .

I'm about to give up on this dvd. I have ripped all my other music dvd's to harddisk for easy playback so it's a bit frustrating that this disc just will not copy correctly.

Regor

Do you happen to know if the menus are located in a Title of their own and if so which one?

I'd be curious to see if you had the same problem if you ripped the DVD to your HDD with the AnyDVD ripper. In theory the output from CloneDVD for a full disc clone is supposed to be exactly the same as the AnyDVD ripper but I'd still be interested to see it.

It's possible this is a result of how the disc was authored and for whatever reason the menu is in a title that is being seen as bogus.

You should therefore be able to backup this DVD using CloneCD, ImgBurn, or Nero's "Copy DVD", and it should work without issue. If this is a dual layer DVD, you will need a dual layer burner and blank.

Anydvd running and a ripped copy should result in the same I thought?

No. "Ripping" with CloneDVD or AnyDVD ripper remasters the contents of VIDEO_TS.

Burning a bit for bit copy or creating a bit for bit ISO file using CloneCD, ImgBurn, or Nero's "Copy DVD" should produce an equal result as playing the original DVD on a computer while running AnyDVD.

So AnyDVD HD doesn't remaster on the fly during playback ok I see now.

I use AnyDVD version 6.4.0.4 and CloneDVD version 2.9.1.5

The dvd title is "Volbeat: Live-Sold Out" (music dvd)
UPC/EAN: 8712725724070, released in february 2008

Ok, this is the problem:

On the original disc as I start the DVD, the main menu of the DVD will appear after a short intro. On the ripped copy on the other hand (whether it is ripped to ISO file or a VIDEO_TS folder), the main title/track will start without the possibility to access the main dvd menu to choose other titles on the disc! If I try to do so, the main title just starts all over again or just stops (depends on which application I use for playing the ripped copy). All the chapters and titles/tracks have been ripped (I can see that using the Go To-function in Power DVD for example) but the menu is not accessible.

I have chosen "Preserve menus" in CloneDVD.
In AnyDVD none of the settings for Navigation are applied, and AI scanner is set to automatic.

No errormessage is ever displayed, everything looks normal during the copying procesess.

This is the first DVD I have experienced this with and I have ripped about 100 DVD's to ISO files using AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

Regor
Try to disable AI scanner for this disc.

Try to disable AI scanner for this disc.

Is there structural copy protection on the disc?
If not, I am fairly confused since the AI scanner should be inactive in this case (due it is set to automatic), so why is it necessary to disable it :confused:

You should therefore be able to backup this DVD using CloneCD, ImgBurn, or Nero's "Copy DVD", and it should work without issue. If this is a dual layer DVD, you will need a dual layer burner and blank.

Thank you Pelvis Popcan, that did the trick! With AnyDVD running I used ImgBurn to rip to ISO and now I have fully functioning menus playing the ISO file from my harddrive.

Very happy now :rock:

DrinkLyeAndDie: I tested with the AnyDVD ripper and the result was the same as with CloneDVD.

Back