• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mount a folder as a CD/DVD/BD drive

pjouy

Translator (fr)
Hi

I was reading some posts on the forum, and was asking myself if a software exists (or could me made) for mounting a folder (DVD or BD rip, for example) as a BD-drive, saving the fact of making an ISO file (and saving space on HDD too). The software would only create the TOC as if it was a DVD or a BD, and then mount the folder as a drive, so PDVD or Nero 8 would see it as a real drive...

Just thinking...

Hi

I was reading some posts on the forum, and was asking myself if a software exists (or could me made) for mounting a folder (DVD or BD rip, for example) as a BD-drive, saving the fact of making an ISO file (and saving space on HDD too). The software would only create the TOC as if it was a DVD or a BD, and then mount the folder as a drive, so PDVD or Nero 8 would see it as a real drive...

Just thinking...
Such a software would be possible (like an "elaborate Virtual CloneDrive"), and no, it does not exist.

Hehe, good idea isn't it? Now James, you have a new software to develop :p

Hehe, good idea isn't it? Now James, you have a new software to develop :p

Yes, it is an old (but still good) idea, but quite difficult to implement. IMHO not worth the effort.

I remember that such software existed in eraly times of Windows 95, creating a new letter with a folder's content. I don't remember the name... :(

James, it should be some kind of piece of cake, after cracking BD+! :D
For some people, if should save a lot of time. But after all, you're the king, just do the best you think!

I remember that such software existed in eraly times of Windows 95, creating a new letter with a folder's content. I don't remember the name... :(
Yes, but this was "something completely different"...

James, it should be some kind of piece of cake, after cracking BD+! :D
For some people, if should save a lot of time. But after all, you're the king, just do the best you think!
The problem is, that the commercial value would probably be close to zero.

I'm asking here cause It seems like DVD Fab HD Decrypter rips to a folder (DVD VOLUME) and players can easily see this (and you rename it to the disk title).
The software is outdated and works on earlier HD DVDs.
I have Sly and Img my BR and mount and play with Sly and DT.
Granted I haven't tried a rip with Sly and am wondering if I'll get the same folder setup as with Decrypter. All info I've read on stickys doesn't address this. Or I can't find it.
In essence, from the players use, opening play from folder or hdd (which Decrypter sets up) is easier than identifing the iso, mount with DT, enabling Sly and then play.
Granted, I am very satisfied with Sly's capabilities, but reading mount from folder to play got me wondering about a shortcut like mentioned verses mounting isos. Thanks, Might this be an unfortunate difference between HD DVD and BD?

The problem is, that the commercial value would probably be close to zero.

LOL @ Crappy ability to predict what people need!!
100% Sure MANY people would LOVE to MOUNT their HOME-COPY BLURAY FOLDER to a DVDdrive so PowerDVD8 can play it!

I'd pay $20 for that even... why? Because i can't CRACK!

LOL @ Crappy ability to predict what people need!!
100% Sure MANY people would LOVE to MOUNT their HOME-COPY BLURAY FOLDER to a DVDdrive so PowerDVD8 can play it!

I'd pay $20 for that even... why? Because i can't CRACK!

Rip to ISO and mount the image using VCD and then play with PowerDVD8.

Cost to rip to ISO = free
Cost to mount image using VCD = free

Time to copy all HOME-COPY Bluray Folders.... price... i mean timeless?
NO_TIME_TO_CONVERT_ALL_TO_ISO (Plug in HDD filled with HOME-COPIED BLURAY FOLDERS to esata connector, right mouse on folder: mount as DiscDrive... play in PowerDVD 8...... without hope...... what would we do?)

Time to copy all HOME-COPY Bluray Folders.... price... i mean timeless?
NO_TIME_TO_CONVERT_ALL_TO_ISO (Plug in HDD filled with HOME-COPIED BLURAY FOLDERS to esata connector, right mouse on folder: mount as DiscDrive... play in PowerDVD 8...... without hope...... what would we do?)

Before AnyDVD HD had the Rip to Image... ability I either ripped to the HDD and then created an image using ImgBurn or I ripped the disc to an image to begin with.

This thread is old and no such product has been created yet the ripping to an ISO image has been added. I find it doubtful a product will be made to mount the folders. Frankly, I hope no time is spent implementing this because I'd rather see time and resources invested in other areas.

Well i never ripped them to .iso because playing around with the files to compare to my own satellite rips is easy in MPC.

Now indeed i rip my discs to .iso, but all my old ones are not.

I think MONEY can be made HERE. It's all about MONEY for slysoft anyway, the hype around bluray is only selling more copies which is fine by me.

If indeed this requested feature can not create any positive cashflow, then indeed let's ignore the request MANY people have asked for, for YEARS for varies reason. FOLDER TO DiscDrive can also be PERFECT for games that require a DVD to be in the drive.......

Well i never ripped them to .iso because playing around with the files to compare to my own satellite rips is easy in MPC.

Now indeed i rip my discs to .iso, but all my old ones are not.

I think MONEY can be made HERE. It's all about MONEY for slysoft anyway, the hype around bluray is only selling more copies which is fine by me.

If indeed this requested feature can not create any positive cashflow, then indeed let's ignore the request MANY people have asked for, for YEARS for varies reason.

Yes but both free virtual drive software exists as do free methods for creating images. Unless there was something amazingly special about the product, personally, I don't see how it could be marketed in a manner that would create any significant cash flow and make the effort worthwhile.

In the end the decisions are made by Slysoft. I'm just stating my personal opinion.

FOLDER TO DiscDrive can also be PERFECT for games that require a DVD to be in the drive.......

Not with the protections on most games these days. You need emulation which is exactly what GameJackal is for. Simply mounting a folder wouldn't be useful.

PLEASE DO add the mounting of a folder as a virtual BD drive!!!

Please add the mounting of a folder as a virtual BD drive functionality in Virtual CloneDrive or another product!!!

I am basically trying to get CyberLink PowerDVD to play a BD folder without having to burn the disc or spend 45 minutes in creating an .iso file to mount.

I don't know why people who don't need this feature feel so strongly as to argue against it being made. If you don't have a need for particular features then maybe you should be promoting what you have a need for!

btw, I think the 90's program that did this was called "FakeCD" for the person who mentioned they couldn't remember the name.

also, for those who keep thinking recommending SUBST is a solution, it is not, because PowerDVD (and others) still see that drive as a non-disc disc. I.e. it doesn't see it as a BD drive.

FYI there is a slight chance you'll be seeing this addition to vcd sometime, as I'd like it myself VERY much.

But it'll take a while until I have all the "priority stuff" off my desk.

I'll pay 20 Euros for a VCD-BD with folder hosting. It's definitely worth the money.

Back