• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.0.7 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Everybody should try this beautiful version... ;)

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6407.exe

6.4.0.7 2008 04 04
- New (Blu-ray): Improved removal of region locks!
- New (Blu-ray): Added dialog to ask for disc region on insertion.
- New (Blu-ray): Automatic option remembers previous region settings
per disc
- New (DVD): Many improvements to AI scanner and AnyDVD ripper
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

Awesome, thanks James and Peer! Hopefully people have better luck with the region coding now. Great work!

Thanks from my side, too. That was fast.

However, my first test was not successful. After changing the Region to B yesterday, I am now trying to play a BR with Region A, which did not work so far with the new system, I tried about every possible combination. The BR I am trying at the moment is an old one, i.e. Blood&Choclate.

I am using PDVD 3730a.

What else do you need?

James has said several times now that he won't reply to any messages that don't include the anydvd log file for a disc. I would post that if you want him to look into it.

Thankyou guys. My Region B Independance Day now works on a Region A set version of Power DVD. :clap::D

Okay, here are two BRs that won't work under a Region B setting of PDVD 3730a.

Tried 'We Own the Night' (allegedly Region A), which works, so one success, two failures so far, sorry!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_45637085_BLOOD_AND_CHOCOLATE.zip
    20.9 KB · Views: 8
  • AnyDVD_Info_E_MESGR.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 6
Okay, here are two BRs that won't work under a Region B setting of PDVD 3730a.

Tried 'We Own the Night' (allegedly Region A), which works, so one success, two failures so far, sorry!

I see no reason why Chocolate doesn't work. MESGR (what's that? you didn't say) uses BD-J with certificate. Specify "doesn't work", please.

I see no reason why Chocolate doesn't work. MESGR (what's that? you didn't say) uses BD-J with certificate. Specify "doesn't work", please.

What is the best to try? Force the Region A to B or let AnyDVD do the Region Change automatically? No matter what I tried, Chocolate keeps saying 'Mismatch between Region of the Player and the Disk!'

MESGR is 'The Messengers' which is BD-J as you noted and there was a warning (so I was warned ;)). PDVD simply turns black and does not allow any more navigation. No region error reported there either.

Hi James and Peer,

I'm now 'experimenting' with new version of AnyDVD, and I'm getting errors when trying to extract the content of modified .jar files into folders with WinRAR:

! C:\Blu-ray\LIVE_FREE_DIE_HARD_Slysoft\BDMV\JAR\00000.jar: CRC failed in deluxe\bluray\control\PlayerController.class. The file is corrupt
! C:\Blu-ray\LIVE_FREE_DIE_HARD_Slysoft\BDMV\JAR\00000.jar: CRC failed in deluxe\bluray\core\PlaybackImpl.class. The file is corrupt
! C:\Blu-ray\LIVE_FREE_DIE_HARD_Slysoft\BDMV\JAR\00000.jar: CRC failed in deluxe\bluray\dh4\DH4Xlet.class. The file is corrupt

! C:\Blu-ray\LIVE_FREE_DIE_HARD_Slysoft\BDMV\JAR\00002.jar: CRC failed in control\PlayerController.class. The file is corrupt

WinZip refuses to extract at all.

I had a thought that you've done it deliberately :) but I doubt it, as I can still see other modified classes in the same archive.

Cheers.

EDIT: PowerDVD doesn't like this, either: black screen...

Last edited:
Hi James and Peer,

I'm now 'experimenting' with new version of AnyDVD, and I'm getting errors when trying to extract the content of modified .jar files into folders with WinRAR:

! C:\Blu-ray\LIVE_FREE_DIE_HARD_Slysoft\BDMV\JAR\00000.jar: CRC failed in deluxe\bluray\control\PlayerController.class. The file is corrupt
! C:\Blu-ray\LIVE_FREE_DIE_HARD_Slysoft\BDMV\JAR\00000.jar: CRC failed in deluxe\bluray\core\PlaybackImpl.class. The file is corrupt
! C:\Blu-ray\LIVE_FREE_DIE_HARD_Slysoft\BDMV\JAR\00000.jar: CRC failed in deluxe\bluray\dh4\DH4Xlet.class. The file is corrupt

! C:\Blu-ray\LIVE_FREE_DIE_HARD_Slysoft\BDMV\JAR\00002.jar: CRC failed in control\PlayerController.class. The file is corrupt

WinZip refuses to extract at all.

I had a thought that you've done it deliberately :) but I doubt it, as I can still see other modified classes in the same archive.

Cheers.

EDIT: PowerDVD doesn't like this, either: black screen...
Weird. That's the US version?
Can you please post AnyDVD_Info file?

What is the best to try? Force the Region A to B or let AnyDVD do the Region Change automatically? No matter what I tried, Chocolate keeps saying 'Mismatch between Region of the Player and the Disk!'
Hmm, this is unexpected...
EDIT:
It looks like you did everything right, we'll look into this. May Peer contact you for additional information?

MESGR is 'The Messengers' which is BD-J as you noted and there was a warning (so I was warned ;)). PDVD simply turns black and does not allow any more navigation. No region error reported there either.
The region lock is removed, but the disc doesn't play because of the signed Java code. This is a known problem (and you have been warned ;) ), will be fixed in a future version.

Question for James

Is it theoretically possible to create a play only version of AnyDVD HD?

Weird. That's the US version?
Can you please post AnyDVD_Info file?

Here. Also created a logfile with my program. It includes all .class files. Disc is US version, yes. Bought on Amazon.com.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_LIVE_FREE_DIE_HARD.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 11
  • LFDH.zip
    325.3 KB · Views: 6
Hmm, this is unexpected...
EDIT:
It looks like you did everything right, we'll look into this. May Peer contact you for additional information?.

Sure thing! Just PM me or whatever is convenient!

Is it theoretically possible to create a play only version of AnyDVD HD?

I think this would be 'legally' very interesting, a version that does not allow you to rip the disks (which I never do unless it is absolutely the last option ;)).

Hi James and Peer,

Whoops! Thanks for the info, I didn't see any problems with the discs I tested.
Can you attach original 00000.jar file here?

Here. Also created a logfile with my program. It includes all .class files. Disc is US version, yes. Bought on Amazon.com.

Thanks! Is the region still locked, if you answer "No" when asked in the warning dialog?

Whoops! Thanks for the info, I didn't see any problems with the discs I tested.
Can you attach original 00000.jar file here?

Here. Renamed it to .zip.

Attachments

• 00000.jar.zip
    180.3 KB · Views: 6
Thanks! Is the region still locked, if you answer "No" when asked in the warning dialog?

No. This disc uses MovieObject.bdmv to check region. Other "Die Hard" movies use BD-J.

Last edited:
Back