• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Profile for Memorex Digital Media Player MMP8585

perrymc

Product specs for the MMP8585 says it will support the following:

AVI decoder: xvid, size: 128 x 128 resolution, Frame Per Second: 30fps max, Bit Rate: 768 kbps max, Frequency Range: 8-48kHz, Audio Format: 128kbps, 48kHz, Stereo CBR)

WMV decoder complexity: simple profile, size 128 x 128 resolution, Frame Per Second: 30fps max, Bit Rate: 384 kbps max, Frequency Range: 8-48kHz, Audio Format: 128kbps, 48kHz, Stereo CBR)

I looked at the device.ini file and didn't see any profiles that would support 128x128 resolution. I plan on creating unique AVI and WMV profiles for the Memorex but am quite uncertain what to change or add. I plan to duplicate the Generic (DivX) (renamed to Memorex_AVI) and keep only one Res1 and one ResAna1 set to 128x128. I don't see that I have to change any other lines but I am not sure. I plan on doing the same with the WMV (renaming it Memorex_WMV)

Any pointers or help would be appreciated .... Great site ... Great People !!!

Help!

I tried to just change the resolution only but it didn't work! CDVDmobile created the avi file ok and it loaded and sync'd ok using WMP 10 but attempts to play it on the player returned the message "invalid file format". I didn't think to try and play it on WMP and I already deleted the file. So next attempt should be to try both???? but .... how can I figure out specifically what is missing that caused the 'invalid file format' message to be generated?

I tried to just change the resolution only but it didn't work! CDVDmobile created the avi file ok and it loaded and sync'd ok using WMP 10 but attempts to play it on the player returned the message "invalid file format". I didn't think to try and play it on WMP and I already deleted the file. So next attempt should be to try both???? but .... how can I figure out specifically what is missing that caused the 'invalid file format' message to be generated?
Tried this out for the fun of it. Try this one (modified from DivX profile):
Code:
[* Memorex Digital Media Player MMP8585]
Manufacturer=Memorex
Res1=128x128
ResAna1=128x128
ScreenRatio=1:1
VTag=DIVX
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
MVolume=10
VTag=DIVX
mopts=-audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -lameopts cbr:br=128
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg4:threads=2
moac=mp3lame
Format=avi -noodml
FileType=avi
Quality=100
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=768
Change quality slider to whatever you want up to the maximum (profile defaults to that).
If it works post it in the sticky thread at the top of the forum.

I presume you read the tutorial on how to transfer using WMP10?
http://www.memorexelectronics.com/html/product_detail.php?PID=642#
(specifically, disable "convert media files as this device requires" in WMP10 Tools/Device/Quality).
Otherwise, try using the Memorex conversion software (in which case use the generic WMV profile to feed into that for fastest results - the Memorex software should "fix" the resolution and audio).

128x128 resolution? Looked like a thumbnail of a movie on the widescreen film I tested the profile on ;) I guess there is a reason it gets a rating of only 3.1 out of 10 on eDistillers.com....

profcolli, thanks for the guidance. It may be some time before I get to play with this as I am in and out of town for a bit ... I will post back once I try it and as you asked post the profile if it works.

Back