• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error Message on "Rip Video to HardDisk"

Yozz1

I'm trying to rip Office Space to my HardDisk so I can try various video creators such as CloneDVDmoble, Handbrake, ect. on the files straight from my drive. I dont even make it that far because I get an error message shortly after starting the Rip process.

I've attached images of my AnyDVD version page as well as the DVD info page straight out of AnyDVD. I've also attached the log file AnyDVD created with the Office Space DVD in the drive.

I right click on the tray icon and select "Rip Video DVD to HardDisk..." I select my destination and click "Copy DVD." And shortly afterward I get what you see in the Error1 attachment. When I click the OK button, I get what you see in the Error2 attachment. So basically it tries to do it, gets an error, then deletes all the files it made and I'm back to square one.

Here's my DVD-ROM firmware page... woohoo.
http://sony.storagesupport.com/product/263#drivers

Attachments

• Version.JPG
    Version.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DVD Info.JPG
    DVD Info.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 13
  • Error1.JPG
    Error1.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 18
  • Error2.JPG
    Error2.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 11
  • AnyDVD_Info_D_OFFICE_SPACE_SE.zip
    80.9 KB · Views: 9
Update Anydvd

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.0.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6406.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2916.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

My bust on the version. Tried it again, different error message but in the exact same place. Files are attatched. All else remains the same as in my first post.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Version.JPG
    Version.JPG
    5.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Error1.JPG
    Error1.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 121
  • AnyDVD_Info_D_OFFICE_SPACE_SE.zip
    80.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
My bust on the version. Tried it again, different error message but in the exact same place. Files are attatched. All else remains the same as in my first post.

Alright, that's not good.

1. Is this the disc? http://www.amazon.com/Office-Space-Special-Flair-Widescreen/dp/B000AP04L0

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Navigate to Video DVD-->settings-->AI Scanner. Select "Always Enabled" from the dropdown list. Click "ok"

4. Try Anydvd ripper again. Anything new?

5. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2916.exe (free 21 day trial)

6. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

7. Run Clonedvd. Select "Clone DVD" from the main menu to ensure that you're doing a full disc backup.

8. Then please post the Clonedvd log:

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 and follow the steps but note the differences below that I would prefer you do instead:

a)Select "dvd+/-r DL" near the quality bar in Clonedvd. This avoids compression (so, the process will be faster)

b) Select "dvd files" as the output method--and rip to your hard drive. Clonedvd also rips slightly faster than Anydvd ripper.

sshot18bw1.png

(thanks to Zebadee for the screenshot)

c) You should be able to copy and paste the log text with your mouse (click in the white area shown in the screenshot).

Try

[ code ]
log text
[ /code ]

Don't put spaces in the square brackets.

d) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details")

Last edited:
I've sent a private message to James, notifying him about this thread, but that does not mean he will necessarily respond.

Step 5 onward will provide him with more troubleshooting information that may help him resolve this issue faster.

1) Yes that's the disk, Office Space - Special Edition with Flair!

2 & 3) Done

4) Tried it, error at the same place but a new one. The error messages have different numbers each time but they are consistantly in this format (X indicates numbers that change with each attempt):

"PS 10 VOBU 4 XXXX XXX Clone 6"

5) Installed it

6) Reset Default

7) Done

8) I received no error message. Here is the log file...

Code:
I 11:05:00 Processing started
D CloneDVDVersion: 2.9.1.6
D Layer break removed at 1 locations
I 11:05:00 Successfully removed layer break
D TCEngineConfig:
D inputPath: D:/VIDEO_TS
D outputPath: C:/Documents and Settings/Rex/My Documents/My Software/DVD Rips/Office Space/VIDEO_TS
D replacementVOBsPath: C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2\eraser
D CloneConfig:
D targetVOBBlocks: 4167680
D remux: 0
D noStreams: 0
D RemasteringConfig:
D TitleConfig:
D title: 1
D angle: 1
D streams.audio: 00000111
D streams.subpicture: 00000000000000000000000000001111
D TitleConfig:
D title: 2
D streams.audio: 00000001
D streams.subpicture: 00000000000000000000000000000000
D TitleConfig:
D title: 3
D TitleConfig:
D title: 4
D TitleConfig:
D title: 5
D TitleConfig:
D title: 6
D streams.audio: 00000000
D TitleConfig:
D title: 7
D TitleConfig:
D title: 8
D TitleConfig:
D title: 9
D TitleConfig:
D title: 10
D firstPlay: 0
D menus: 1
D supportStreamAutoSelection: 1
D filterUnreferredCells: 1
D tcArgs:
D samples: 5
D stats: 0
D scanOnly: 0
D pictureExtraction: 1
D DVDCompilerConfig:
D ecc: 0
I 11:05:00 Target size sufficient, transcoder disabled
D retried reading 1 times
D recreated 19 time maps
I 11:28:32 Processing stopped: finished

It appears to have worked correctly, but I'll only know for sure once I actually try to create a video from the files. It also makes it even more perplexing that AnyDVD still doesn't work.

Thank you. Well, I have sent a PM to James. I suppose I could send one to peer as well.
Edit: I have just sent a PM to peer as well.

Other than that, there's not much more I can do, unfortunately.

You appear to have found a bug in Anydvd ripper. I have no idea why it would work with Clonedvd. Both programs should produce the exact same output.

Last edited:
Get this...

After installing CloneDVD2 via the link you gave me above, I tried the "Rip Video to HardDisk" function again on AnyDVD... and it worked. So THEN I went and uninstalled CloneDVD2 via the Windows "Add or remove programs" tool and told it to delete the registration info for CloneDVD2 when prompted. In doing so, it also turned off AnyDVD (tray icon disappeared). I went back in and turn on AnyDVD, tried the rip again and what do you know... same error message again at about 2% into the rip.

So evidently something happend during the CloneDVD2 installation that "fixed" the problem with AnyDVD, and then it "broke" again after I uninstalled CloneDVD2. CloneDVDmoble doesnt fix it because I have that installed, along with CloneCD. At least that's what I see on my end. So I have to ask... am I required to own a licenced copy of CloneDVD in order to use the rip function in AnyDVD, or is this just a horrible bug?

Edit:
Forgot to mention that I used CloneDVDmoble to create a video file with the files ripped via CloneDVD2. No errors noted.

Last edited:
So I have to ask... am I required to own a licenced copy of CloneDVD in order to use the rip function in AnyDVD

No. Not at all.

or is this just a horrible bug?

It must be a weird bug. It's possible Clonedvd 2.9.1.6 is updating a file or something that Anydvd should be using. I don't know.

Yeah, I really don't know what's going on here.

I did PM James and peer. They both develop Anydvd.

I have a good feeling when (or if) James reads the entire thread, he will know what's going on.

Hey thanks for being so helpful and quick with replies. I think in the mean time I'll just keep CloneDVD2 installed as a bandaid. Hopefully it sticks even after the trial expires.

The ability to rip a disc has nothing to do if CloneDVD is installed or not. This was just a coincidence. CloneDVD retried several times to succeed:

AnyDVD ripper only retried on the device level, but the drive delivers garbage (broken firmware, defective cabling, broken drivers), it fails. When it worked, you just were lucky.

AnyDVD 6.4.0.7 should work better, as it has now similar recovery methods.

The ability to rip a disc has nothing to do if CloneDVD is installed or not. This was just a coincidence. CloneDVD retried several times to succeed:

AnyDVD ripper only retried on the device level, but the drive delivers garbage (broken firmware, defective cabling, broken drivers), it fails. When it worked, you just were lucky.

AnyDVD 6.4.0.7 should work better, as it has now similar recovery methods.

Thank you for the explanation. I did miss reading those read retries, and I had no idea that PS 10 . . . Clone 6 error message could be attributed to a read error.

Thank you for the explanation. I did miss reading those read retries, and I had no idea that PS 10 . . . Clone 6 error message could be attributed to a read error.

It is not a "classic" read error (wrong CRC), the drive delivered "garbage", so AnyDVD ripper didn't retry (the data was delivered).
CloneDVD has more elaborate error recovery strategies. AnyDVD 6.4.0.7 ripper now has similar strategies.

CloneDVD retried several times to succeed:

Does this mean there is something wrong with my system and if it works at all I'm lucky? What could be wrong? Where should I start looking and how do I test for it?

Does this mean there is something wrong with my system and if it works at all I'm lucky? What could be wrong? Where should I start looking and how do I test for it?

Here are the possibilities:

1) The disc is dirty. You need to clean it.

2) The disc is borderline bad. You should replace it.

3) Your drive is slowly dying. Try a new one

4) Try a new cable on the back of the drive

Also, it should be noted that simply because a disc plays fine, that doesn't mean the disc is fine.

And it's possible that Anydvd 6.4.0.7 beta will work better for you with that disc, especially since Anydvd ripper now employs better read error recovery methods.

I have seen such problems with Pioneer DVD-ROMs before, it is a bug in the drive. There were a lot of OEM drives (Sony, Plextor, ... ?) showing exactly the same problem: They read garbage around the layer break position.
I don't know if your drive is one of those, maybe "hardware-guru" Webslinger knows (it was a Pioneer DVD-ROM, not a writer).

You can try a different drive for reading, maybe you won't see these errors in the log.

I don't know if your drive is one of those.

I really don't know much about the SONY DD-U1622 16x dvd-rom.

The first two comments at http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DDU1622-C1-Internal-DVD-ROM/dp/B00067ZF4I
suggest the drive is poor reader of slightly damaged dvds (scratches, scuffs, etc.)

Anyway, that drive is several years old now, and I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to get something else. You can buy OEM lightscribe burners for $40 U.S. now easily enough. Non-lightscribe are even cheaper

Last edited:
Back