• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-ray region coding protection with AnyDVD HD

Mikael1984

Hi all!
I am very new to Blu Ray and I am searching for info before I buy a player (to be used with my computer).
I therefore wonder if I can insert a region codec Blu Ray (different region than the player is set to) and ANYDVD make the disc playable with a standalone HD video program? Or do I have to copy the disc content to the hard drive before I can watch it without region protection?

Possible region 2/B LG burner with region 1/A discs.

Sorry if this already have been talked about.

Kind regards,
Mikael

I'm interested in the answer to that one. I can't seem to play my Region B dvd's on Power DVD. It's set to region A for my Blu-Ray's that came from America, but i thought any dvd made all discs region free thus elimitating region setting errors.

Last edited:
I'm interested in the answer to that one. I can't seem to play my Region B dvd's on Power DVD. It's set to region A for my Blu-Ray's that came from America, but i thought any dvd made all discs region free thus eliminaging region setting errors.

Sure, AnyDVD make DVDs and BDs region free.
You have to make sure, this feature is enabled for bluray in AnyDVD's settings.
Also it may fail to determine to region of the disc - if so you might have to tell AnyDVD the correct one.
After that the disc will be region free.

Sure, AnyDVD make DVDs and BDs region free.
You have to make sure, this feature is enabled for bluray in AnyDVD's settings.
Also it may fail to determine to region of the disc - if so you might have to tell AnyDVD the correct one.
After that the disc will be region free.

How do i do that..?. Power DVD is set to Region A for my Blu Ray's from America.

I put in a region B Blu Ray and it comes up with "This disc has been coded for Region B only and will not play in this machine please eject this disc and play on a region B player."

Any DVD settings under Blu Ray are as follows

Enable Blu Ray support is ticked
Remove BD+ protection is ticked
Remove Blu Ray region code is set to Automatic.

This is what it says under status (Copied from Any DVD).

Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD 6.4.0.6)
HL-DT-ST BD-REGGW-H20L YL02 05011008167COB5638
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 24438784 sectors (47732 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: ID4_F1
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Removed BD+ copy protection!
Blu-Ray disc is region free!
BD+ Firmware warning removed!

Disc in question is Independance Day.

Some time anydvdhd has trouble finding correct region code. in that case ignore automatic setting and choose setting which match.

If A disc put it to A and so on.

Still no luck, i changed it to Region B and it still came up with

"This disc has been coded for Region B only and will not play in this machine please eject this disc and play on a region B player."

It's getting annoying now...:)

Hopefully when the full version of Power DVD 8 is out i can set one to region A and the other to Region B, not ideal i know but should sort the problem.

Last edited:
Might be BD-J that is causing it to continue saying it's the wrong region.

Nevertheless playing the .m2ts files directly should work. Albeit if there's many, it's annoying, and there's no menus.

Thanks for the support. I'll be placing an order for the LG BD Burner + HD DVD reader during the weekend.
And then the AnyDVD HD!!

Btw, it could be could to buy som HD DVD if they are on sale :)

Last edited:
From the SuperGoof rocks department

AnyDVD will be updated in the next release to handle better region code removal according to Peer. In the meantime, grab SuperGoof's sweet little util and have at it.

Hi thanks for your input. I had a look at that prog and it only does it from ripped discs stored on the harddrive. I did read the thread however and it seems that they are having trouble with Independance day too. I think they are working on it and a slysoft member said the next release should fix a few issues. Hopefully mine will be one of them. :)

Hi thanks for your input. I had a look at that prog and it only does it from ripped discs stored on the harddrive. I did read the thread however and it seems that they are having trouble with Independance day too. I think they are working on it and a slysoft member said the next release should fix a few issues. Hopefully mine will be one of them. :)

Yea, that's why I paraphrased Peer from that thread as he's the one who works on the region coding for Blu-ray. If he says it's fixed, and he did, in the next release then you should be good to go when it's released. I suspect we'll see it in the next couple days knowing those guys.

From my understanding, Supergoofs latest version of his tool should be able to handle it.
But in a few hours, you'll see an AnyDVD beta here, that will work too, I'm pretty sure. :) (check whether your disc has a certificate in its \CERTIFICATE folder - that might pose a problem we're still working on).

yes it does, app.discroot.dcrt

it's 751bytes in size if that's any help.

From my understanding, Supergoofs latest version of his tool should be able to handle it.
But in a few hours, you'll see an AnyDVD beta here, that will work too, I'm pretty sure. :) (check whether your disc has a certificate in its \CERTIFICATE folder - that might pose a problem we're still working on).

Yea, the disc is ID4 and it's one of those pain in the neck discs that SuperGoof's program has issues with, as well. It is the CERTIFICATE problem that you both are aware of, apparently. So, I'm guessing the new beta won't be of much help on this particular title.

yes it does, app.discroot.dcrt

it's 751bytes in size if that's any help.

For now you may have to set PowerDVD to region B to get around this issue until SuperGoof and/or Peer are able to fix the problem with this disc. Depending on the version of PowerDVD you're using there are ways to reset the number of region changes allowed if you're concerned about that.

Depending on the version of PowerDVD you're using there are ways to reset the number of region changes allowed if you're concerned about that.

Yes, REgion Coding has been a major PITA from day one, so I am really very grateful that Slysoft is now giving it more attention. Just had big troubles yesterday to get Rendition Region B (UK version) to run on any of the PDVD versions with or without setting the region code in PDVD. Had to fiddle around for half an hour until it worked. It is just incomprehensible why this should cause so much trouble. After all I tried it under a totally HDCP compliant environment and it would not work!!

Thanks in advance!

All this trouble because you bought a legal copy of a movie... Should it not be the other way around?

But I am thankful that Slysoft is around! :clap:

What is needed is a region free software player. Problem solved then.:D

Back