• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Abandoned

Ghoul Slayer

I was unable to rip "The Abandoned" using AnyDVD. I am using version 6.4.0.6. I received the error message: File IO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 0 296960. Here is my log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_THE_ABANDONED.zip
    66.9 KB · Views: 5
File IO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 0 usually means bad disc or your drive is dieing. Can you try on another DVD Drive?

Last edited:
I thought something was up. I tried to burn a different movie earlier and got similar results but it worked on the second try. I thought it was because I forgot to erase the files from my previous burn session, because I always put them into the same folder. I also tried to play this movie and got the no disc found message. I have had some problems with my drive shutting down after an unsuccessful burn attempt. This has only been happening over the last week or so. I am doubtful that my drive is going, it's pretty new. I think that a program (possibly AnyDVD) is shutting down my drive. A reboot usually fixes this problem. I will reboot and try it again. Thanks

Ensure you are not in PIO mode as well and that the EIDE cable is connected securly. Also might try rplacing the EIDE aswell

There is definitely a problem that is making AnyDVD shut down my drive. On my first attempt to clear it up I only did a reboot. That was unsuccessful. The second time I ran CCleaner before I rebooted and that got everything working again. I also removed AnyDVD from my startup programs. I was able to rip the movie but I think that I am going to have to follow this process each time after I rip a movie with AnyDVD. I saw some complaints about this type of problem in the forums. I am assuming that this is a known issue and they are working on it.

I am assuming that this is a known issue and they are working on it.

Not that I'm aware of with Anydvd 6.4.0.6.

And I can't reproduce what you're reporting on 4 different computers.

Clean your disc, replace it, or try a different drive

It seems like this is happening after I rip any movie (or try to). My drive either doesn't work properly or not at all. When I try to rip another DVD (and sometimes to play one) I have to repeat this process. A couple of times I just had to turn AnyDVD off/on to get it working. It has happened on both of my drives. My internal is a Lite-on DVDRW LH-20A1P and my external is a Lite-on SOHW-1673SU (both are DVD burners). I am able to work around this by running CCleaner and rebooting. I was going to drop it until you said that it wasn't a known issue. I have to go to work now so I will have to get back to this tomorrow.

Last edited:
Ensure you are not in PIO mode as well and that the EIDE cable is connected securly. Also might try rplacing the EIDE aswell

PIO would make the burns slow...not shut down the process.
Does the problem occur with the internal drive as well as the external drive?

Update your burner's firmware

Thanks, I did update my firmware and it does seem to have worked but I only ripped one movie since then. If I have more problems I will let you guys know. Thanks for all of your help.

P.S. Updating my firmware also seems to have fixed a problem I was having w/dvd's not playing properly in Nero Showtime.

Thanks, I did update my firmware and it does seem to have worked but I only ripped one movie since then. If I have more problems I will let you guys know. Thanks for all of your help.

P.S. Updating my firmware also seems to have fixed a problem I was having w/dvd's not playing properly in Nero Showtime.

Yeah, there was a fairly serious bug in early firmware versions of those Lite-on drives. Also, there's a newer version of Anydvd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=101757&postcount=1

Back