• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How long to write a 50Gb Blu Ray

njr

Hi
Apologies not exactly a AnyDVD Question.

If I've writing back an AnyDVD Blu Ray rip to a 50Gb Blu Ray disk at 2speed, how long should it take.

I was using Nero & at first it said 1hr 15min, then about half way through it changed to around 3Hrs.

Is this normal ?

Hi

If I've writing back an AnyDVD Blu Ray rip to a 50Gb Blu Ray disk at 2speed, how long should it take.

I was using Nero & at first it said 1hr 15min, then about half way through it changed to around 3Hrs.

Is this normal ?

Don't know if I'd consider this "normal", but that's the same behavior I usually experience. The drive simply falls back to single speed some time half way through, I guess.

Same thing for me.
It takes about 3 hours every time for me at 2x.

2x is 72mbps so 50gb should take 1.5 hours, but it always takes 3.

the writers never actually write at 2x it's more like 1.25x if you're lucky. This has been gone over before in a previous thread, but I'd expect anywhere between 3-4 hours for a full DL Blu-ray

Hi

Is this normal ?

If you disable BD defect management it should take about 1 hour and 30 minutes for a 2x BD-R DL.

Last edited:
the writers never actually write at 2x it's more like 1.25x if you're lucky. This has been gone over before in a previous thread, but I'd expect anywhere between 3-4 hours for a full DL Blu-ray

that is not correct it does burn atleast at 2X

but you must change some of the settings

if you use IMGburn, make sure you enable "BD-RE Fastwrite" that will double your write speed

Last edited:
With thanks

With thanks for the replies.
Glad I get can faster that 3 hours !

that is not correct it does burn atleast at 2X

but you must change some of the settings

if you use IMGburn, make sure you enable "BD-RE Fastwrite" that will double your write speed

I've tried this before and it made no difference to the speed

With thanks for the replies.
Glad I get can faster that 3 hours !

remember the ol days when writing a dvdr was in "real time" ...a movie wrote out like it was actually playing

now you are doing the same thing (or slower)...in time...this will be faster, but now you are dealing with a format that is almost a monopoly...will be much longer to get better/faster/cheaper blanks...

patience is a virtue in this!

I've tried this before and it made no difference to the speed

It sure did a difference for me, and the nero settings by skypx works also, now I burn 44GB in 80min on a BD-RE disc, before it could take more then 4 hours

Have just tried this with the latest Imgburn and yes it does work, on the LG drive and the Sony writer, but when I verify the discs created they don't pass verification.I then re wrote exactly the same film to the same discs with the option switched off and that passed verification. I'll stick to the standard settings with no verification failures

Last edited:
Have just tried this with the latest Imgburn and yes it does work, on the LG drive and the Sony writer, but when I verify the discs created they don't pass verification.I then re wrote exactly the same film to the same discs with the option switched off and that passed verification. I'll stick to the standard settings with no verification failures

When I burned discs before I changed the settings, I got a few failed burns, and the write speed was sometime ridiculous low, thats why it took 4 hours

but after I switched on the options, NONE have failed, and it writes at about 2.1X, I thinks its actually more safe to burn at full speed, and there has been nothing wrong when watching the movie either

When I burned discs before I changed the settings, I got a few failed burns, and the write speed was sometime ridiculous low, thats why it took 4 hours

but after I switched on the options, NONE have failed, and it writes at about 2.1X, I thinks its actually more safe to burn at full speed, and there has been nothing wrong when watching the movie either

Well I've now tried it with 4 burners 3 LG and 1 Sony and at faster writing they all fail verification using TDK or Verbatim discs and using 4 different computers. But I've never had a single verification failure using the default settings.
Also what discs are using that allow 2.1 speed? mine are only rated for 2 speed

Well I've now tried it with 4 burners 3 LG and 1 Sony and at faster writing they all fail verification using TDK or Verbatim discs and using 4 different computers. But I've never had a single verification failure using the default settings.
Also what discs are using that allow 2.1 speed? mine are only rated for 2 speed

well, I should say sometimes it goes up to 2.1 write speed in IMGburn if one should believe the write rate meter, and thats with Panasonic and TDK BD-RE discs,

I might test the verification later..

Back