• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

3319a or 3370a? Difference only in play from HDD?

ashlar

Is the reason to prefer 3319a limited to the playback of discs saved on the hard drive? And am I correct in assuming that if the discs have been backed up as ISOs 3370a has no problem in reading them?

That's correct. I use 3730a exclusively on my HTPC. It plays all my discs from both the disc and my backup ISOs. No problems at all.

Is the reason to prefer 3319a limited to the playback of discs saved on the hard drive? And am I correct in assuming that if the discs have been backed up as ISOs 3370a has no problem in reading them?

yes i am running both versions of pw dvd but now since all my movies are ISO's on the hdd i find i only use version 3370

Can I mount an ISO that's stored on a NAS (Infrant ReadyNAS) connected to my network or does the ISO need to be on my local HDD to mount an play with the newer versions of PowerDVD?

Virtual CloneDrive beta appears to have improvements in that area. As long as your network is fast enough to stream it, mounting an ISO over a LAN should be ok. My advice...give it a shot. What have you got to lose? :) (Incidentally, this isn't a PowerDVD issue you're asking about. It's a virtual drive software question simply because once the ISO is mounted, PowerDVD doesn't know whether it's local or a remote share. It just sees what it thinks is an optical drive.)

Can I mount an ISO that's stored on a NAS (Infrant ReadyNAS) connected to my network or does the ISO need to be on my local HDD to mount an play with the newer versions of PowerDVD?

That's exactly how I run my setup. I store all my ISOs on a server pc that i threw together an then use simple file sharing to mount the iso on a computer in my living room that is wirelessly connected to my network.

Some things that will help you to get satisfactory performance when "streaming" high definition ISOs (or even files for that matter).

1) Unless the wireless computer is very close to the server(within 15 feet) or line of sight, then 802.11g might give you some stutter for high def (standard def is fine). I would say in this case, you need to move to 802.11n for long distance streaming.

2)Make sure your server computer is set up to favor using cache as opposed to foreground programs. This will set up the computer to buffer files better for streaming. You can do this by right clicking on "My Computer" --> "Properties" --> "Advanced".

That's correct. I use 3730a exclusively on my HTPC. It plays all my discs from both the disc and my backup ISOs. No problems at all.

Will 3370a play iso's created from a remuxed blu-ray. I remuxed a lot of my HDD rips of my blu-ray movies to save space.

Will 3370a play iso's created from a remuxed blu-ray. I remuxed a lot of my HDD rips of my blu-ray movies to save space.

They should. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work so long as the image was created correctly.

yes all my movies are remuxed ISO's and they work fine with 3370a

Thanks, looks like I have some iso's to make.

You've probably seen me post it before but just in case:

-Once you have the folder on the hard drive:
-Open ImgBurn and select create image from files/folders
-Add your folder
-In the options, make SURE UDF 2.5 is selected
-Create your image

At this point you should be able to mount it.

The 3319a to 3370 switcher was pretty useful that was written by someone on this site.

Any plans for a 3319a to 3370a switcher?

-Add your folder
-Create your image

Same boat here, I plan to do 1 a day and switch all my 40+ BD to ISO and just run one 3370a once for all.

SamuriHL, thanks for all the tips and guidance to make this game so much fun :clap:

Don't you think a PDVD switch is more practical than ISOing all your movies?

Don't you think a PDVD switch is more practical than ISOing all your movies?

Newer movies have more features (BD Java) that older versions of powerdvd can't handle. Converting my folder rips to iso means that they are ready to play on any powerdvd version or future updated version, where as folder rips will only play on PDVD 3319a or earlier.

-Add your folder
-Create your image

Newb question - can CloneCD do this or is ImgBurn the only option? I have several TSRemux "stripped down" BluRay folders on my HDD which I would like to convert to ISO to avoid switching PDVD versions - I own CloneCD but have not used ImgBurn.

-Add your folder
-Create your image

does it mater that the iso after doing this has a booktype of dvd-rom? for a BD ISO?

Newb question - can CloneCD do this or is ImgBurn the only option? I have several TSRemux "stripped down" BluRay folders on my HDD which I would like to convert to ISO to avoid switching PDVD versions - I own CloneCD but have not used ImgBurn.

no it cant..cloneCD only makes ISO from disk so need imgburn tomake iso from files on hdd

CloneCD can only read an image from a disc and write an image to disc. It can't master a new image from a folder. For that you'll need to use ImgBurn or Nero. And as I always say, you need to make sure to select UDF 2.5 file system.

Back