• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mencoder message at 0% (DVD to iPod Touch)

DMcKergan

Hi,

Can someone please help me? I'm trying to convert a DVD (Take That Concert) to my wife's iPod Touch but all I get is the encoding starting, then after a couple of seconds, it bombs out at 0% with the following details:

-----

File 2 "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -af volume=0 -aspect 16:9 -of avi -oac faac -ovc x264 -faacopts br=128:mpeg=4:eek:bject=2 -x264encopts bitrate=531:level_idc=30:bframes=0:nocabac:nopsnr:nossim -vf pp=fd,scale=480:270,harddup -info name="Take_That" -ofps 30000/1001 -o "D:\TakeThat.mp4" 109 TCE

Encoder output:

WARNING: OUTPUT FILE FORMAT IS _AVI_. See -of help.
Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
x264 [warning]: width or height not divisible by 16 (480x270), compression will suffer.

-----

I looked for help in the forums and tried the suggested path of getting the latest version of mencoder but unfortunately no joy.

I would greatly appreciate any help with this as the nagging is getting louder... ;)

Cheers,
Dave.

Hi,

Can someone please help me? I'm trying to convert a DVD (Take That Concert) to my wife's iPod Touch but all I get is the encoding starting, then after a couple of seconds, it bombs out at 0% with the following details:

-----

File 2 "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -af volume=0 -aspect 16:9 -of avi -oac faac -ovc x264 -faacopts br=128:mpeg=4:eek:bject=2 -x264encopts bitrate=531:level_idc=30:bframes=0:nocabac:nopsnr:nossim -vf pp=fd,scale=480:270,harddup -info name="Take_That" -ofps 30000/1001 -o "D:\TakeThat.mp4" 109 TCE

Encoder output:

WARNING: OUTPUT FILE FORMAT IS _AVI_. See -of help.
Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
x264 [warning]: width or height not divisible by 16 (480x270), compression will suffer.

-----

I looked for help in the forums and tried the suggested path of getting the latest version of mencoder but unfortunately no joy.

I would greatly appreciate any help with this as the nagging is getting louder... ;)

Cheers,
Dave.
Which profile are you using in CloneDvdMobile?

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions - I will try these as soon as I can and let you know the results. (Also, yes, its the Apple>iPod Touch profile).

As far as I can remember, the software bombs out when trying to convert to PSP as well.

I'll conduct more exhaustive tests (noting all the quality settings etc) and come back to you - many thanks anyhow!

Cheers,
Dave.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions - I will try these as soon as I can and let you know the results. (Also, yes, its the Apple>iPod Touch profile).

As far as I can remember, the software bombs out when trying to convert to PSP as well.

I'll conduct more exhaustive tests (noting all the quality settings etc) and come back to you - many thanks anyhow!

Cheers,
Dave.
You should use CODE tags to show your mencoder output.
Sample (correct) mencoder output
Code:
File 2 "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -af volume=10 -aspect 16:9  -of avi -oac faac -ovc x264 -faacopts br=128:mpeg=4:object=2 -x264encopts bitrate=531:level_idc=30:bframes=0:nocabac:nopsnr:nossim -vf pp=fd,scale=480:270,harddup -info name="Take_That" -ofps 30000/1001 -o "D:\TakeThat.mp4" 109 TCE
Your mencoder output
Code:
File 2 "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -af volume=0 -aspect 16:9 -of avi -oac faac -ovc x264 -faacopts br=128:mpeg=4:object=2 -x264encopts bitrate=531:level_idc=30:bframes=0:nocabac:nopsnr: nossim -vf pp=fd,scale=480:270,harddup -info name="Take_That" -ofps 30000/1001 -o "D:\TakeThat.mp4" 109 TCE
Are you using a custom modified profile? e.g. volume is changed from 10 to 0.
EDIT: there is a space that should NOT be present in nopsnr: nossim (if you copied a profile you may have introduced it in error - this is why code tags should be used as they avoid errors introduced in wraparound text).
You can see a similar example to your problem where extraneous spaces are introduced here (profiles 2 & 3 have an extra space in nossim and produce the same warning message):
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=42257&postcount=7
This is the only difference so OTHERWISE perhaps you have one of those problem originals (see recent thread on Sopranos episode).

You could try another profile like Generic DivX - if that doesn't work I would suspect the disk. You might try ripping to ISO and use the image file as input to CDM.

Last edited:
Update

Since returning, I had a chance to try a couple of things.

First thing I did was install a virtual machine with a clean install of XP sp2 - same problem occurred on the virtual machine(!)

Secondly, I had a look at the BIOS, one of the settings was set to 'Top Performance'. I reduced this to 'Normal' and hey presto, the encoding ran for 30% this time!

It crashed out at 30% but admittedly I was watching a DVD at the same time. Will try it on its own when I get a chance.

Getting closer to a solution I hope :)
Dave.

Back