• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra Released!

Last edited:
Does it playback BD with AnyDVD HD running?

The FAQ on the Cyberlink site says PDVD8 Ultra coexists with PDVD 7 Ultra. So users can continue to use PDVD7 for HD-DVD. Needs to be confirmed though.

They want me to pay 60 bucks to upgrade from 7 Ultra to 8 Ultra?? Um, yea, sure. I need to hear some extremely positive feedback before that happens I think.

Yeh I expected as much. In the Demo video they show the DTS-HD MA logo, so maybe PDVD 8.0 decodes MA? The release notes confirms it downsamples to 48/16. But maybe MA @ 48/16 is still better than DTS 1.5mb core.

There again maybe they're just teasing us.. but I'm keen to hear some I Robot goodness :p

Sounds like everyone is having the activation problem over at AVS.. can anyone here successfully activate?

They want me to pay 60 bucks to upgrade from 7 Ultra to 8 Ultra?? Um, yea, sure. I need to hear some extremely positive feedback before that happens I think.

Where do you see upgrade pricing from Ultra 7 to Ultra 8?

Where do you see upgrade pricing from Ultra 7 to Ultra 8?

I had to do some searching. Take the link posted above and click "home" on the side. You'll see PowerDVD 8 with an upgrade option.

Thanks SamuriHL, I see it now.

They didn’t specify upgrade options from PowerDVD Ultra 7 OEM to PowerDVD Ultra 8 so I’m not entirely sure where I stand here. $59.95 is not too bad for those who qualify but I think I would just as soon wait for PowerDVD Ultra 8 OEM to start shipping with Blu-Ray ROM drives in the ~$129.99 range,….that way I get hardware I know I want and software that I might want,…..

I’ve also been thinking about buying a “Hauppauge HD PVR” USB stick that captures HDTV into H.264 in real time via component output “YPrPb” of virtually any cable or satellite STB. It supposedly will be shipping with “ArcSoft TotalMedia Extreme” and some additional Arcsoft HD media burning software.

So there’s no point in me buying Arcsoft software either.

Yeah, I think I would prefer to just buy the hardware and take the software as a freebee rather then shell out for the software alone.

Its good to see that PowerDVD Ultra 8 is out though,.. assuming its ready.

I had to do some searching. Take the link posted above and click "home" on the side. You'll see PowerDVD 8 with an upgrade option.

It's on the home page under Hot Topics, and yes 7.3 still works, but my key is not working either, they must still be handing out 7.3 keys.

I don't know. I may hold off on this until I see some positive reports. The fact that you guys can't even get it installed is definitely troubling. I think I'd like to see it more in the 40 dollar range for an upgrade, personally. I don't think it brings such a huge "upgrade" over 7.3 as to warrant such a high price. Just my opinion.

Frustration

Now Cyberstink's support page is down so I can't submit a ticket.

What a PITA!

Does anyone have their support phone number? I'm not going to pay $29.95 to get it.

Last edited:
So, uh, this upgrade is working out well then? :D Yea, I'll just sit on the sidelines for a while until this all gets straightened out.

only cyberlink's main page is working for me, the press release and release notes arent working nor downloads section.

wanna see a nice changelog from powerdvd 7.3

I'd love to tell you all that it works fine with AnyDVD.. but I can't play any Blu-Ray discs at all while it remains in Trial / LITE mode.

Back