• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PS 18 error

jmize

Hello,I am new here.I have been using Any Dvd for over a year.Usually if I have a problem I check the forums and find my answer.Today I updated to the most recent AnyDVD 6.4.0.5 and I went to back up a DVD and got the PS 18 error.I have backed up a DVD as recently as last week and had no problem.I also tried backing up a DVD I had previously done successfully and received the same error message.I have restarted my computer.I have made sure no other programs were running.Any tips,hints or suggestions would be appreciated.Please forgive me if this has been covered.
thank
Jmize

Hello,I am new here.I have been using Any Dvd for over a year.Usually if I have a problem I check the forums and find my answer.Today I updated to the most recent AnyDVD 6.4.0.5 and I went to back up a DVD and got the PS 18 error.I have backed up a DVD as recently as last week and had no problem.I also tried backing up a DVD I had previously done successfully and received the same error message.I have restarted my computer.I have made sure no other programs were running.Any tips,hints or suggestions would be appreciated.Please forgive me if this has been covered.
thank
Jmize

Please post an AnyDVD_Info log for the disc in question.

EDIT: Who is giving you the PS18 error? AnyDVD ripper or CloneDVD?

Any tips,hints or suggestions would be appreciated.Please forgive me if this has been covered.

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.0.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6406.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

re

any dvd ripper is givingme the error

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_ALVIN_AND_THE_CHIPMUNKS_4X3.zip
    64.3 KB · Views: 9
Cdralw2k (system32\drivers\Cdralw2k.sys), Version: 8.0.0.212 (8.0.0.212)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: Drag-to-Disc
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2005 Sonic Solutions
Description: CDRAL Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)
FileVersion: 8.0.0.212
ProductVersion: 8.0.0.212

This may be your issue. I am ripping this title right now and there is only CSS protection on the disc.

I had no problem with this title. Here's my log too James.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_ALVIN_AND_THE_CHIPMUNKS_4X3.zip
    64.8 KB · Views: 4
any dvd ripper is givingme the error

It's time to update Anydvd and remove some filters from your registry.

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.0.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6406.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

Cdralw2k (system32\drivers\Cdralw2k.sys), Version: 8.0.0.212 (8.0.0.212)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: Drag-to-Disc
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2005 Sonic Solutions
Description: CDRAL Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)
FileVersion: 8.0.0.212
ProductVersion: 8.0.0.212

You have some packet writing junk on your system that needs to be removed.
Sonic's Drag-to-disc should definitely be uninstalled. Packet writing software interferes with a lot of other software, not just Slysoft's If you need drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead (with a FAT file format), which is more stable.

PzWDM (System32\Drivers\PzWDM.sys), Version: 1.0.0.59 (1.0.0.0)
Company: Prassi Technology
Product: PzWDM
Copyright: © 2004 Prassi Technology, Easy DigiOn Relations Ltd. All rights reserved
Description: PzWDM.sys
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 59
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 0
Comments: Pz WDM Driver for Windows 2000 and XP

Part of the Prassi Zulu engine. Comes with ONES, Zulu2, Recordnow! 4 and (updated) Digion Audio.

This filter can also cause conflicts.

3. i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "Cdralw2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "PzWDM .". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind that the programs that installed those filters will no longer function properly.

Last edited:
tried again with another movie same PS 18 error

sweeny todd

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_SWEENEY_TODD_D1_DOM.zip
    77.7 KB · Views: 4
sweeny todd

1) Did you reboot after removing the filters? (that's very important)

2) Are you able to try another drive?

Both of these discs do not appear to have anything exciting on them in terms of protection.

Last edited:
@jmize

(for troubleshooting purposes)

3) Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2916.exe (free 21 day trial)

4. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

5. Run Clonedvd. Select "Clone DVD" from the main menu to ensure that you're doing a full disc backup.

6. Then please post the Clonedvd log:

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 and follow the steps but note the differences below that I would prefer you do instead:

a)Select "dvd+/-r DL" near the quality bar in Clonedvd. This avoids compression (so, the process will be faster)

b) Select "dvd files" as the output method--and rip to your hard drive. Clonedvd also rips slightly faster than Anydvd ripper.

sshot18bw1.png

(thanks to Zebadee for the screenshot)

c) You should be able to copy and paste the log text with your mouse if you click in the white area (in the screenshot).

Try

[ code ]
log text
[ /code ]

Don't put spaces in the square brackets.

d) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details")

Last edited:
Yes that is what I used as that is what the original poster said he was trying to do.

Yes that is what I used as that is what the original poster said he was trying to do.

O.k., thanks. Then something pretty weird is going on either with jmize's drive or something on jmize's system.

thanks for all the help

I appreciate everyone lending a hand.I tried to burn using clone dvd and got the same error.I am going to look into my system and drive now.If everyone else is not having problems it is probably something with my computer.Thank you for all your help.I will try something else

I appreciate everyone lending a hand.I tried to burn using clone dvd and got the same error.I am going to look into my system and drive now.If everyone else is not having problems it is probably something with my computer.Thank you for all your help.I will try something else

That's probably a good idea. I'm getting reports that Anydvd and Clonedvd handle both titles perfectly fine.

PS 18 - a ghost from the past?

PS 18 is an error that surfaced in one of the 2.8.xx of CloneDVD and it is a little bothersome to see this again - 2917 CloneDVD + 6412 AnyDVD.

I'm working two additional tickets for this problem, a bit-set error. :(

More on this as feedback comes in from the two tickets.

Did the OP ever update? The logs they posted were with AnyDVD 6.4.0.6.

Frank, just a crazy question but does this problem appear to happen with any drive or are the open tickets limited to a specific brand of drive?

Feedback needed

Did the OP ever update? The logs they posted were with AnyDVD 6.4.0.6.

Frank, just a crazy question but does this problem appear to happen with any drive or are the open tickets limited to a specific brand of drive?

That is a very good question. I'll follow this up right now and put the replies here before I shutdown for the day.

One of these users is "new" and the other has had the products for >2 years.

One drive is: Philips spd24001

Another one is: BENQ DW1640

More as I get feedback.

Last edited:
That is a very good question. I'll follow this up right now and put the replies here before I shutdown for the day.

One of these users is "new" and the other has had the products for >2 years.

One drive is: Philips spd24001

Another one is: BENQ DW1640

More as I get feedback.

I've never heard of the first drive you listed, but the Benq 1640 does use a philips chipset, so there may be something in common.

However, jmize appears to be using a lite-on drive, Anydvd 6.4.0.6 and a Clonedvd version that was likely older than 2.9.1.6; so I'm not sure if jmize's issue is even related to the tickets you're presently dealing with (I mean you're responding to a thread that's over two weeks old).

Regardless, I am unable to reproduce this problem with a Plextor PX-760a, a Samsung 203 series Sata burner, an LG 4163B, an old Lite-on dvd-rom drive, and a LG GGC-H20L under Vista 64 bit SP1 nor under Windows XP 32 bit.

Clearly, Charlie had no issues either at the time of this thread (using a Samsung 203 series drive): http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=100926&postcount=6

Last edited:
Back