• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My LG drive can't read Reign of fire. Any one else?

Tanquen

Sorry, I've tried 2 Reign of Fire Discs but My LG GGC-H20L drive can't read Reign of Fire. Any one else?

Last edited:
Giving more detail will be nice. Also it may be possible your drive is slowly dying. Try another disk and put the results back on this form.
Originally written by Webslinger
Before posting about your problem, please do some of us a favour so that we can help you better.
Follow the steps, and answer the following questions in your post (especially 5 and 6 please):

1) Ensure you're using the lastest version of Anydvd. Check the sticky at the top of this forum.

2) Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio Directcd, Nero's Incd, DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access (DLA), CyberLink InstantBurn, etc.)

3) Specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country, and d) release date of the disc that you're experiencing issues with.

4) Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd HD. In the window below the drive letter (just right click in the window and choose "select all" and then "copy"), copy and paste (right click, select "paste") the information into your next reply on these forums.

5) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), c) provide version numbers of those programs and d) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).

6) Post the Anydvd zip log file to the forums:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

8 ) Before posting, please use the "search" function on these boards. Many answers are available already.

Answer the question given on 2,3,5

1. Check, I’ve not seen this behavior with any of the other HD or BR movies (Discs) I have.
2. Check
3. Reign of Fire, North America?, US, 2002
4. No Disc is present in Drive R:! MR0701P GPD170M 1.01
5. There is no error, it’s like I never put a disc in the drive. The drive light goes on and off but there is nothing from AnyDVD. I've now seen the same behavior with two Reign Of Fire discs but not with any of the other movies I've played on me PC.
6. I don’t get a popup for step (f)
7. What happened to 7? :)
8. I did do a search for the move like I’ve done in the past for trublusome discs but the search did not find anything for Reign of Fire and I’ve tried two copies and all my other discs work so I thought I’d ask. :p

This is in Vista and I did install SP1 the other day. I'll try it in a clean XP install on the morrow.

Last edited:
Hey tanquen, I have a similar issue with Stalingrad (Enemy at the gates French Import).
I think this is more of a Vista/ LG drive issue then a Anydvd one.

My LG drive refuses to read the disc, though it works on a Taiwanese usb HD dvd drive that I have. It doesn t work on xbox 360 addon either. And like you this is the only title thats affected.
I m also running vista sp1. I m thinking Microsoft messed with something in Vista with the SP, otherwise I m stumped.

We have webslinger, but that implies that our drives can at least see the disc. We can t create a report file if the compute rdoesn t even know its there. But like I said earlier, I don t think this is a slysoft issue but an LG/Windows issue.

We have webslinger, but that implies that our drives can at least see the disc. We can t create a report file if the compute rdoesn t even know its there. But like I said earlier, I don t think this is a slysoft issue but an LG/Windows issue.

If a drive can't see the disc when Anydvd is disabled the problem is either with the disc, your drive (or bad cables on the back of the drive), or drivers/filter stack issues (or conflicts). Your options are exchange the original disc (or try to clean it), try a different drive/cable, or resolve your filter stack issues.

People can post filter stack info:

a) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

b) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post (ctrl-v).

But I really don't perceive the Anydvd and Anydvd HD forums as places to resolve issues that have nothing to do with Anydvd, although I do give the Anydvd HD forum a little more leeway with respect to Blu-ray and HD-DVD issues.

Really, there's no miracle cure for fixing a bad original disc without leaving the house (other than trying to clean the disc).

Last edited:
===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.0.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: PxHelp20
File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
File Version: 2.03.16a [2.3.16.0]
File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
Product Name: PxHelp20
Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
Company Name: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

Filter Name: ElbyDelay
File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
File Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
File Description: Elby Delay Lower Filter Driver
Product Name: CDRTools
Product Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Company Name: Elaborate Bytes AG
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 Elaborate Bytes AG

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.4.0.4
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.4.0.4
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2008 SlySoft, Inc.

The Discs still are no go even in XP and even after a drive firmware upgrade from 1.00 to 1.02. :( I know it's the disc but is it all of them or just the 2 I got me hands on?

The Discs still are no go even in XP and even after a drive firmware upgrade from 1.00 to 1.02. :( I know it's the disc but is it all of them or just the 2 I got me hands on?

Could be the drive or a cable on the back of the drive

When someone has that sort of issue with a SD dvd, it's not a big deal to ask that person to try another drive. I mean you can find dvd burners on sale for $30-$40 easily enough. But asking someone to test with another blu-ray drive is another matter, unfortunately.

Anyway, given the cost difference between trying another drive and trying another disc, I'd say try another disc.

Last edited:
At the risk of being accused of hijacking the thread, I am unable to read Stalingrad HD-DVD on my LG GGW-H20L (the disc spins but XP can't even see a directory), but it is accessible via an xbox360 addon drive. I have also read on various forums that this disc will also not play on any 1st or 3rd gen Toshiba HD-DVD player (only 2nd gen).

Curiously AnyDVD HD reports that the disc is not AACS protected (when read on the xbox360 addon).

It's quite possible that there are a few dodgy disc pressings out there that are sufficiently out of spec to only be capable of being read in certain equipment that is more forgiving. Changing the disc in these circumstances may not offer any improvement, if it is a pressing fault, but is worth a try (as is changing the drive make).

Although this is not an AnyDVD HD problem, I mention it to highlight that not all pressings necesarily work trouble free.

Last edited:
Although this is not an AnyDVD HD problem, I mention it to highlight that not all pressings necesarily work trouble free.

Of course, just as with SD discs, you will find some discs have just been made poorly en masse. HD-DVD flip discs, in particular, notoriously have problems.

To answer the original posters original post, yes, I ripped Reign of Fire today w/ the same drive

ocgw

peace

poop

To answer the original posters original post, yes, I ripped Reign of Fire today w/ the same drive

ocgw

peace

That is... good news for you I guess. :( I think I have a bad drive then. Today I just got One Missed Call and it does the same thing. So far after many HD and BR discs these are the only two that behave this way. The movie 300 HD-DVD/DVD had issues but at least it saw the disc and there were more folks having the same issues.

This guy is also having issues:

http://http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=106455#post106455

Back