• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD in a Window

ocgw

Maybe I am only pointing out the obvious, or preaching to the choir, but I would like to share what is my solution to the final obstacle to have a technically correct big screen, full fidelity Blu Ray HD movie experience @ home

My Sony SXRD 60" over scans about 15%, w/ registry over scan edit compensation only 7-8%

I use a 19" Samsung .20 dot pitch CRT PC monitor, when I set it to 1080x1920 my desk top pics (webshots) have blue bars on the side, I put my icons in the blue bars

I ran an experiment, I ran Cyberlink PowerDVD 3319a in a window w/ AnyDVD 4.4.0.4. stretched to the edge of the blue bars, it sized the picture horizontally on my HDTV perfectly, vertically I could still see the bar @ the bottom of the window on my HDTV screen, I then simply "undocked" the control panel, & moved it into the blue bar area, I then used "auto hide" on my task bar, & stretched the bottom of the window to the bottom of the screen

My 8800GTX does this w/ no tearing, smearing, or loss of resolution thru the DVI-to HDMI adaptor cable

So, when I play Blu Ray on my PC it is smushed into a narrow window, & has no sound because of the SPIDF pass thru, but my theatrical presentation is *flawless*

It now seems so simple, I was thinking "in the box", now I realize the truth, there is no box

How many guys do this? many I am sure, however I did not read of any 1 else doing this when I researched "custom resolutions", & "overscan compensation"

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
Maybe I am only pointing out the obvious, or preaching to the choir, but I would like to share what is my solution to the final obstacle to have a technically correct big screen, full fidelity Blu Ray HD movie experience @ home

My Sony SXRD 60" over scans about 15%, w/ registry over scan edit compensation only 7-8%

I use a 19" Samsung .20 dot pitch CRT PC monitor, when I set it to 1080x1920 my desk top pics (webshots) have blue bars on the side, I put my icons in the blue bars

I ran an experiment, I ran Cyberlink PowerDVD 3319a in a window w/ AnyDVD 4.4.0.4. stretched to the edge of the blue bars, it sized the picture horizontally on my HDTV perfectly, vertically I could still see the bar @ the bottom of the window on my HDTV screen, I then simply "undocked" the control panel, & moved it into the blue bar area, I then used "auto hide" on my task bar, & stretched the bottom of the window to the bottom of the screen

My 8800GTX does this w/ no tearing, smearing, or loss of resolution thru the DVI-to HDMI adaptor cable

So, when I play Blu Ray on my PC it is smushed into a narrow window, & has no sound because of the SPIDF pass thru, but my theatrical presentation is *flawless*

It now seems so simple, I was thinking "in the box", now I realize the truth, there is no box

How many guys do this? many I am sure, however I did not read of any 1 else doing this when I researched "custom resolutions", & "overscan compensation"

ocgw

peace

My Sony SXRD 70" has an option for adjusting the screen size and I was able to get 1080p output to display without any overscan. I did not have to adjust the video card output using an ATI 1950 card. Have you checked for this option on your set?

My Sony SXRD 70" has an option for adjusting the screen size and I was able to get 1080p output to display without any overscan. I did not have to adjust the video card output using an ATI 1950 card. Have you checked for this option on your set?

I used every setting on the set I could find (several) w/ out going into the service menu to minimize the screen size, & it still had substantual overscan

Are you using component, or HDMI? I am using HDMI, & even w/ the overscan compensation patch in the nvidia control panel I still had overscan

Now I have 0% overscan, it is perfect

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
Back