• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

All of a sudden Game Jackal causing BSOD's

mtimerding

Hello all,

I am not a very big gamer, but I've been using Game Jackal for a few years now,
for the couple of games I do have (Far Cry and UT2004) ..... I do this only cause I have MS, and thus handling cd's, putting dvd's in the drive usually isn't a good thing for me to do. .....

I've never had a problem with either of these games running from game jackal, at present I have v. 3.0.0.5 on. I had been putting on every single update till then, all with no problems. That is, until the other day when the update for 3.0.1.0 came out. Once installed, I got some kind of crash. (I can't remember what it was)

No biggie I thought, and just rolled back to my last drive image, so now I am back to 3.0.0.5. However, now UT2004 will only launch successfully from Game Jackal about 50 pct of the time, and Far Cry will fail about 99 pct of the time. (Soon as I click on Far Cry from my Game Jackal menu, I get a BSOD, Stop Error, with Bad_Pooler_Call... then it begins (the long) process of dumping memory. (I say long, cause I have 4gb ram)

I have tried uninstalling/Reinstalling Game Jackal, with no success, I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the individual games, same results. In short, no matter what I do, I get the Bad_Pooler_Call BSOD. I've even tried a repair install of windows.

I am running Windows XP Pro, with sp2 .... 4 gb ram, 5 internal harddrives, 2 dvdrw's, and an ATI Radeon X1800 video card ... all on an ASUS A8N Deluxe motherboard.

Both these games WILL run from their cd's, or even by clicking it's .exe icon, just NOT from Game Jackal. And yes, I do have a ton of stuff running in the background, but nothing that hasn't always been there and running with no problems.

Thank you for you patience in reading thing longwinded thing.

I did not mention, in my previous post, unfortunately I did try disableling everything running in the background ... even as far as going into task manager and ending process, for any uncessarry stuff that didnt show an icon in the systray to hit close on. It made no difference, still got the Bad_Pooler_Call BSOD ..... even tried using "Enditall" to close out any uncessary stuff, still BSOD.

Yet, as both those games are on my D: drive, I can still go to the drive, click on the particular games .exe, and it runs fine.

I just can't launch em from Game Jackal.

:confused:

Can you please post the entire stop code.
It will look something like this

*** STOP: 0x00000000 (0x000000000000, 0x000000000000, 0x000000000000, 0x000000000000)

DriverName.sys

In answer to the questions:

1 ... version 3.0.0.5
2. ... Windows XP Pro 32 bit, with sp2
3. ... I have a VSO driver on, and AnyDVD (both were shut down during the numerous install attempts).. All I know about the VSO thing is it appears in my Device Manager as "Pattin Coufin Engine" or something like that.
4. No Packet writing software (I do use Nero, but did not ever install INCD)
5. For the Protection ID, it list several lines, like 16, all saying:

"16:19:04 | D:\Games\Far Cry\Bin32\CryAnimation.dll | Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check " all say Far Cry, none mentioned for Ut2004.

6. Games are Far Cry and UT2004
7. Game versions are Far Cry 1.33 and 1.4, and UT2004 I can't see a version nr. for, all I can make out is "Special Edition" (DVD)
8 Far CRY is cd, and Unreal Tournament 2004 is DVD.
9. Discs are from USA.
10. CPU is an AMD Athlon 64 bit 4200+ (dual core)
11. My two dvdrw's are a Pioneer 108 firmware 1.20 and a Pioneer 109 firmware 1.58
12. Kaspersky Internet Security v. 7.0.1.325
13. When right clicking on the Game Jackal icon, and selecting a game to play out of the profiles list, almost 100 pct of the time with Far Cry I immediately get a BSOD, saying something about Bad_Pooler_Call, then it goes into a memory dump. If I select UT2004, it happens about 50 pct of the time (same error tho)
14. There is NO "Summary.log" in my Game Jackal folder. There's a Launcher.log and a couple profile.log, but no Summary.log

Can you please post the entire stop code.
It will look something like this

*** STOP: 0x00000000 (0x000000000000, 0x000000000000, 0x000000000000, 0x000000000000)

DriverName.sys

Ahhhh geeee, Matthew, do you really need the entire code? I also didn't mention earlier, (because of my MS I am unable to WRITE, and a print screen won't work from a blue screen does it? :)

But, if you really must have it, I can generate the error, and try to get my daughter up here to write it down for me just let me know.

Thank you so much

Ahhhh geeee, Matthew, do you really need the entire code? I also didn't mention earlier, (because of my MS I am unable to WRITE, and a print screen won't work from a blue screen does it? :)

But, if you really must have it, I can generate the error, and try to get my daughter up here to write it down for me just let me know.

Thank you so much

Sorry about that... it's just that this code tell us quite a lot about the error.

That's allright, I'll receate the error and get my daughter to pen it down for me.. will take me a bit, this is exactly how it will go:

I had to remove the profile .... so I will have to create another for it. It will play perfectly fine the first (and only) time I run it after creating the profile.
Then, every single time I select it after running it that first time, it will cause the Stop error. So, it will take me a bit to get it re created. I'll post the results, soon as I get em .....

Okay, Matthew ... that didnt take as long as I figured.
Here's the exact message:

" BAD_POOL_HEADER

(the usual windows has been shut down to protect BS)

STOP: 0X00000019 (0X000000020, 0X804F4A18, 0X804F5078, 0XCCCCC35E)

Okay, now I think I finally managed to get both answered.

14 ... I ran UT2004 once, maybe twice, it worked .... I tried Far Cry, and got the BSOD ...... so, UT2004 appears in the summary.log, but not Far Cry cause of the crash I guess ... at either rate, the summary is attached.

15 .... I finally got this one attached as well.

Attachments

• Summary.txt
    3 KB · Views: 2
  • Filters.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 3
15 .... I finally got this one attached as well.

Filter Name: Pfc
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pfc.sys
File Version: 2, 5, 0, 205 [2.5.0.205]
File Description: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
Product Name: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
Product Version: 2, 5, 0, 205 [2.5.0.205]
Company Name: Padus, Inc.
Copyright: (C) Padus, Inc. 1999-2004. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: PxHelp20
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
File Version: 3.00.56a [3.0.56.0]
File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
Product Name: PxHelp20
Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
Company Name: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

Filter Name: cdrbsdrv
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\cdrbsdrv.sys
File Version: 8. 0. 0. 5 [8.0.0.5]
File Description: CD-ROM Filter Driver for Windows2000/xp
Product Name: B's Recorder GOLD
Product Version: 8. 0. 0. 5 [8.0.0.5]
Company Name: B.H.A Corporation
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2000-2006 B.H.A Corporation

Those are the filters that *might* be causing issues. Typically, I haven't found PXhelp20 to cause conflicts, but it's possible.

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order.Select "cdrbsdrv". Click "remove selected filter". Select "PxHelp20". click "remove selected filter". select "pfc". click "remove selected filter". Click "ok". Reboot

Keep in mind the programs that installed those filters will no longer function properly.

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.4.0.0
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.4.0.0
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2008 SlySoft, Inc.

This is unrelated, but it's time to update Anydvd. click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6407.exe

and you may want to update Clonedvd as well: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2916.exe

3. After doing step 1, try creating new profiles.

Last edited:
More on the BSOD's in Farcy

Now I'm even more confused than ever ..............

I've discovered, that IF I change my game options/video display
to Low or Medium quality ........ it runs fine, no errors.

But, the strange part is, that is only if run from Game Jackal, if I run it off the dvd, or even from the installed directory, it always ran fine even if using the HIGHEST possible display settings and would only crash if run from game jackal, untill I lowered my graphics settings.

While this machine is no longer absolute top of the line/state of the art, it's not a commodore 64 either, and I really dont relish the thought of using it like one.

Any suggestions?

That is very odd indeed :confused:

Try creating a new profile. However at step 4, under advanced options, set "Game management" to disabled.

Last edited:
Back