• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Xbox 360 HD DVD Player

Slinger07

I am a newb when it comes to the HD DVD hardware, but have been the proud owner of AnyDVD & CloneDVD for quite some time. I know this is a little bit off topic as far as AnyHD-DVD is concerned but I hope you understand. I will be purchasing a HDTV very soon and was'nt sure if the Xbox HD DVD Player could be hooked directly to a HDTV to watch movies or if it had to be connected thru a Xbox 360?

Basically what I am asking is can this Xbox drive be used as a cheap alternative to purchasing one of the more expensive HD DVD Players??

Thanks

It can be connected either via the 360 or through a pc...It connects via usb canceling anyway out of it ever being a standalone player since it has no internal functionality and is basically a drive in a case.

When the xbox is off the HD DVD turns off, the only only ouput on the HD DVD drive is usb so you are unable to use it as a standalone player with your HD TV. It must go through your XBOX or your pc.

All the video processing is done by the XBOX or the PC.

will you be able to hook the hd dvd player that is for xbox to a playstation 3 since it is usb i wouldnt see why not since you can hook it to a pc

will you be able to hook the hd dvd player that is for xbox to a playstation 3 since it is usb i wouldnt see why not since you can hook it to a pc
I see no reason why not - but it will work as a normal DVD drive only, as PS3 has no support for HD DVD.

Thanks for the help guys. I get the picture now: The Xbox drive can be used to decrypt my purchased HD-DVD's to my Hard-Drive via usb to my PC using AnyHD-DVD.

If you dont mind me asking, generally how large is a HD-DVD (Movie Only - no menu's)??

I guess from what I have read there is no (affordable) way to backup a HD-DVD to a DVDHD-R or some form of writable media? I do have some DVD+R DL's and would be nice to even make them fit onto that as long as the quality is not degraded too much.

Thanks for the help guys. I get the picture now: The Xbox drive can be used to decrypt my purchased HD-DVD's to my Hard-Drive via usb to my PC using AnyHD-DVD.

If you dont mind me asking, generally how large is a HD-DVD (Movie Only - no menu's)??

I guess from what I have read there is no (affordable) way to backup a HD-DVD to a DVDHD-R or some form of writable media? I do have some DVD+R DL's and would be nice to even make them fit onto that as long as the quality is not degraded too much.
Over 20GB I believe. Around 20-25GB.

Back