• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What is going on?

SithLord1977

Okay first of all I have backed up a lot of my movies with AnyDVD and CloneDVD and now I have a problem. I am trying to back up The Departed, and I have wasted 4 Fuji DL's. I keep getting a media error. I know the discs are good because I have used about 10 out of the pack on other movies. The only thing that I have recently done is install my Zune software. Please help with any ideas.

Okay first of all I have backed up a lot of my movies with AnyDVD and CloneDVD and now I have a problem. I am trying to back up The Departed, and I have wasted 4 Fuji DL's. I keep getting a media error. I know the discs are good because I have used about 10 out of the pack on other movies. The only thing that I have recently done is install my Zune software. Please help with any ideas.

I don't have a lot of DL experience, but forum members that do, generally state that Verbatim is the only reliable dl media available at present.
You may get by with others, but it seems to be a crapshoot for reliability, even within the same batches.
Departed is a pretty big file....maybe the layer break is causing the problem. Do you have CloneCD? It will retain the original position. DVDDycrpter in ISO mode will as well.
Maybe try temporarily uninstalling the Zune software and see if there is a conflict.

Last edited:
I have 2 pc's and tried The Departed on both, neither worked. One pc has the zune software and the other does not. It must be the media. I usually use the Verbatim (they are great), but I thought that I would try the Fuji's. Will anydvd let me use decrypter?

I have 2 pc's and tried The Departed on both, neither worked. One pc has the zune software and the other does not. It must be the media. I usually use the Verbatim (they are great), but I thought that I would try the Fuji's. Will anydvd let me use decrypter?

Yes AnyDVD works with decrypter very well. However you need to make a few changes in settings, so AnyDVD and Decrypter don't try to compete during the rip.
uncheck "check for structure protection" in general tab
choose elbyCDIO in I/O tab
in the css tab, choose "none" for css cracking method

Output must be ISO to retain the layer break.
If your problem is media, and not layer break, using Decrypter probobly won't help. Worth a try though......maybe you can return the Fuji's?

I am burning the image with decrypter now, I will update post later. Thanks for all of your help.

Back