• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to Copy a DVD Originally Copied by DVD X Copy (DVD Express)

anydvd5776

Hi. This is my first post. I have noticed a trend in something and I would like some advice if anyone has any to give. I have a large collection of DVDs. The vast majority of them were created using the "Rip" feature of AnyDVD. When I first started, I used a combination of DVD X Copy (DVD Express) and Nero. Since my skills and knowledge have improved, I know use AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2. I have had requests to copy some of my earlier works. However, when I try to use the rip feature of AnyDVD on a DVD that was originally copied using DVD X Copy, I get the same type of Error message that I would get if I tried to copy an original DVD.

Is there any other method I can use to get the Video folder from the DVD X Copy DVD?

Thanks

ADDENDUM: I have the latest release of AnyDVD, 6.1.1.4

Last edited:
Hi. This is my first post. I have noticed a trend in something and I would like some advice if anyone has any to give. I have a large collection of DVDs. The vast majority of them were created using the "Rip" feature of AnyDVD. When I first started, I used a combination of DVD X Copy (DVD Express) and Nero. Since my skills and knowledge have improved, I know use AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2. I have had requests to copy some of my earlier works. However, when I try to use the rip feature of AnyDVD on a DVD that was originally copied using DVD X Copy, I get the same type of Error message that I would get if I tried to copy an original DVD.

Is there any other method I can use to get the Video folder from the DVD X Copy DVD?

Thanks

ADDENDUM: I have the latest release of AnyDVD, 6.1.1.4
If it were me, I would use AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 as you said you own them. This should work on almost any DVD . When you mention your earlier works, do you mean movie you made and if so what format are they in?

When you mention your earlier works, do you mean movie you made and if so what format are they in?

I hope I am explaining this clearly enough. I started copying back in July of last year. Since I didn't know about AnyDVD, I used what I knew which was DVD X Copy and Nero. As for the format, I guess you mean whether they are in DVD-5 or DVD-9, well, they are all in DVD-5 using DVD+R discs.

Yes, I do own a copy of each AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2. However, when I try to copy a movie that was originally copied using DVD X Copy and Nero, I get the same Error message as if I were copying an original DVD.

I no longer use any other method expect my AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2 combo. I hope I was able to clear things up a bit.

Thanks

If it were me, I would use AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 as you said you own them. This should work on almost any DVD . When you mention your earlier works, do you mean movie you made and if so what format are they in?

He or she is trying to copy an existing burned disc that was created by DVD X Copy.

Anydvd was intended to work with commercially released material--and not weird messed up problems created by other programs.

He or she is trying to copy an existing burned disc that was created by DVD X Copy.

Anydvd was intended to work with commercially released material--and not weird messed up problems created by other programs.
Thanks both of you, I did not realize that it was a copy of a copy. Sorry I should have read the post more clearly. :(

However, when I try to use the rip feature of AnyDVD on a DVD that was originally copied using DVD X Copy, I get the same type of Error message that I would get if I tried to copy an original DVD.

You can make a direct copy of a copy with any DVD burning software. If you don't have one...DeepBurner is a very good one and it's free. If you want to alter the material, try DVDShrink.

Thanks OldJoe...

...but to be honest, I would prefer a work-around for AnyDVD if possible. I have never had any problems with picture or sound quality with AnyDVD and I would like to keep it that way.

Error Message

Here is the Error Message:

Read Error! Ignore read errors?

Clicking No will abort.
Clicking Yes will continue and there will be no more warnings.

If the disc does not need to be compressed CloneCD will also do this very well.

If the disc does not need to be compressed CloneCD will also do this very well.

If I am not mistaken, doesn't CloneCD work similar to Clone DVD? I would still need the complete Video_TS file in order to create a copy. If I am mistaken, please let me know.

Thanks

Here is the Error Message:

Read Error! Ignore read errors?

Clicking No will abort.
Clicking Yes will continue and there will be no more warnings.

You are getting this message because of the errors that you have on the original copy. You do not need to use AnyDVD when you copy a DVD that has no encryption on it. What caused the error on the original copy could be inferior blank media that was used, Burning to fast, improper padding of the ifo and bup files so they are no longer DVD Compliant. If I was betting as to what the cause of this is I would guess the media that you used.

One way you could try is to copy the DVD in .iso mode using another program as that sometimes seems to work better than doing it file by file mode

dvd x copy products put a werid scheme kind of thing so its unreoniseable to read out lasers when trying to back up the moveis again

in english dvd x copy said once that its literly impossible to back up a back up from their products due to the technology (software) they use

so best thing to do is re get those disc and copy them again it will make them more stable and trash out the 321 back ones

Back