• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PSP Firmware version 3.93

srich001

Anyone have any luck using the 480x272 or the 720x480 profiles with the 3.93 firmware? I've been trying for 3 days with no luck

I just tried, 480x272 works fine, 720x480 never has and still don't. FW >3.30+

480x272?

thats odd i get the video wont play message what os are you running and is your psp an orig or a slim and also do you have to put it in a special folder i would prefer to just put it in the video folder and name it the name of the movie

Last edited:
just tried again

unsupported data!!! Im really starting to get a healthy dislike for sony:bang: Put it in the folder that clondvdmobile wanted me too

Last edited:
Firmware is 3.93 on the PSP2000 (slim)
Name the movie same as DVD movie name
Put it in the PSP\VIDEO folder
XP SP2 OS on the computer

Like I said I've never been able to get the 720x480 frame resolution to work, but the 480x272 works and looks great on the PSP. Put the movie and the thumbnail both in the "VIDEO" folder and it should work for you.

3rd times a charm

worked this time sad part is im baffled as to why.I dont think i did anything different. I may have chnged the ext on the thumb from .jpg to .thm would that be enough to make it not work? Anyhow thanks for your help:)

480x272 899mb Fail to play

ok next try encoded a 2+ hour movie file size 899mb Failed to play looks like there may be some truth to the filesize over 600 mb will fail thread i read on here. Also was encoded with the quality all the way turned up. Rencoded with the file size at 600mb and it plays fine. Next im gonna try edging the quality up alittle and see what happens. I appologize if this all has been covered before. If anyone has any confirmed info about this feel free to post here. Lots of threads about this problem but they are all over and frequently contradict each other

This is going to add to the contradiction problem. I have a PSP2000 a slim model and the only file size limitation I have is the size of the memory stick? I have an older fatty in mothballs; I’ll check it for file size limitation this evening when I get home. I never did video on it so I don’t know about it.

not sure if there’s really any difference but mine is a psp2001 also im running vista sp1 i'll try a larger file on my laptop that has xp sp2 on it

Last edited:
Some of my Encodes are over 1 gb so no file limitations, getting a movie on the psp from Clonemobile has always been problamatical for me I exclusively use another product now and it gives me a good file everytime. Out of Deference to Slysoft I won't mention it.

failed again

The try on my xp sp2 laptop wont play on the psp either doesnt appear to be a vista prob :) The final file was 939mb made with the 480x272 profile slider all the way to full quality. A 2nd try on my vista desktop with the slider clicked over a couple notches to the left made a 700 mb file that will play on the psp. Im wondering if clonedvd mobile is mistaken about the max bitrate on a psp or not able to keep it under the max with the slider all the way to the right. then again maybe its just voodoo.

[FONT=&quot]OK, I took my old PSP1000 out of mothballs and charged it up. I put a 1.6GB movie on the memory stick and it played fine. So I can tell you definitively there is no file size limitation on either model. And by the way Scarpad the PSP2000 model has PSP2001 on the barcode label but Sony categorizes them as the PSP2000 model, the PSP1000 has PSP1001 on the bottom bar code label.[/FONT]

This is going to add to the contradiction problem. I have a PSP2000 a slim model and the only file size limitation I have is the size of the memory stick? I have an older fatty in mothballs; I’ll check it for file size limitation this evening when I get home. I never did video on it so I don’t know about it.
hey just wondered are you encoding directly to the psp or memory stick or encoding then moving over? Just a thought i really would like to know what im doing differently that makes mine fail also whay quality do you use as i think it may be a bitrate prob not a size prob

Last edited:
hey just wondered are you encoding directly to the psp or memory stick or encoding then moving over? Just a thought i really would like to know what im doing differently that makes mine fail

I encode to the HDD then move to the memory stick via a USB card reader/writer. I don't copy directly to the PSP. I don't puh the quality slider beyond 10 or 11 either.

Frustrating

first of thanks again for all the help. The only consistant thing on my fails is the quality slider 10 or 11 you say I'll play with that for awhile and see

also thanks for the info on psp model numbers i do so hate looking like an idiot hey cant become an expert overnight :) Being my first week of psp ownership im donig ok . Thanks again for your help.

On a differnet note do you know if videos encoded with the generic divx profile will play on a divx certified device?

first of thanks again for all the help. The only consistant thing on my fails is the quality slider 10 or 11 you say I'll play with that for awhile and see

also thanks for the info on psp model numbers i do so hate looking like an idiot hey cant become an expert overnight :) Being my first week of psp ownership im donig ok . Thanks again for your help.

On a differnet note do you know if videos encoded with the generic divx profile will play on a divx certified device?

I play DivX avi video files on my PS3, so I assume they would play on a certified device.

I may be completely wrong about this so take it for what it's worth. My experience has been the quality slider increases the bit rate and that has a lot to do with the smoothness of the playback. If you notice jerky playback you need to move the slider up a bit, movies with a lot of action may require a higher bit rate to be smooth. Otherwise leave it low as possible, smaller file size and faster encoding.

Last edited:
More Info

just encoded a 900mb file with the quality slider 1 click from the right works fine. Seems likely that the prob is the profile cant stay withing the psps specs when you use max quality

Just thought to add that if the >3.30 ones don't work then try the >= 3.03 OE-B one. I am actually running 3.90 M33-3 firmware (Custom Firmware) on mine. It is only is able to use that profile for some reason. Looks like it may be a difference in codec versions and it definately won't do 720x480 video.

Back